Restoring the backup original file

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Bigtrucklover

Restoring the backup original file

Post by Bigtrucklover »

I've been suspecting a problem with at least my TCM if not PCM were not restored properly. On more than one occasion the Trinity said that one module was not able to update (or something to that effect). And when I set my setup back to stock the shift points were still modified from a previous canned tune.

I was able to find the backup copy of the stock tune that I had downloaded to my pc for just such a situation. Question is, what's the procedure to reload this back on the Trinity?

Do I download the original backup file from the pc while it's married, or unmarried to the truck? Right now, I was going to verify if my trims, so I went back to a "modify stock tune" to turn off the AFM (also received a module tune error as I did so). I don't want to make a mistake and screw up my chance to restore it (things haven't been great financially this past year so can't really afford paying a dealer to reflash). Thanks.
2013 Chevy Truck 5.3L with Airaid Jr. and 87 Octane tune.
Bigtrucklover

Re: Restoring the backup original file

Post by Bigtrucklover »

This is using a T1000 by the way.
2013 Chevy Truck 5.3L with Airaid Jr. and 87 Octane tune.
mikel

Re: Restoring the backup original file

Post by mikel »

the backup are stored internally on the device.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com