06 duramax lly/lbz low fuel rail pressure

Post questions about your Trinity in your GM diesel applications here.

Moderator: mikel

Mosley30

06 duramax lly/lbz low fuel rail pressure

Post by Mosley30 »

I have the Trinity programmer and I am haven almost the same issue as a few other people with my 2006 chevy duramax. I have replaced the injectors with 50+HP all 8 of them.. I also put a straight pipe dual exhaust on it. I have been running the truck on the 85 hp and the 120 hp tunes..The desired rail pressure is 3072 at idle and won't go over 16000.. The actual pressure will jump up to 19000 just for a sec at WOT.. When actual rail pressure is up to 16000 the desired rail pressure is showing in the minus -9000.. Truck sometimes goes in to a limp mode and shows p0087 code..( Fuel Rail pressure to low) I was told a Lift Pump would fix this problem what do you think? I have also been getting two other codes with that code.. (P0108-Manifold absolute Pressure Baro sensor high input) + (P0401-Exhaust Gas Recirculation flow insufficient Detected) I don't know what to do for my truck so help with this problem would be great..
mikel

Re: 06 duramax lly/lbz low fuel rail pressure

Post by mikel »

yes, you are maxing out the stock fuel system, so a new pump will help.

the other code is egr related, not uncommon on these trucks.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
BigDeez

Re: 06 duramax lly/lbz low fuel rail pressure

Post by BigDeez »

Don't know if you are still playing with this issue but could be your FPR. I had a similar issue on one of my rigs.