2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 needed

Vehicles needed for testing

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

mikel

2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 needed

Post by mikel »

We need a new GCSRT8 in house for a day of testing.

It will just be flash testing, and maybe some street tuning, to ensure everything works as we expected.

If you are local, and interested, post up and let us know!

We have loaner vehicles available, and anyone who chooses to help will receive a Free Trinity tuner.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
RALSERR

Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 needed

Post by RALSERR »

HELL YEAA! I live in New Orleans im ready to make that drive ASAP!
mikel

Post by mikel »

Really would prefer to find a local vehicle...thanks.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
RALSERR

Post by RALSERR »

Damn well how soon can we expect them for sale?
mikel

Post by mikel »

I'll let you know once we get our hands on one :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

You're gonna have a really hard time finding one. From what the dealers are telling me, people are staying away from the new GC SRT8 in droves. Where they used to sell 2-3 of the old ones a week, they're not even selling 2-3 of the new ones in a month. They see it, like I do, as a huge step down from the first generation. Can't hold a candle to it in performance, thanks to the extra weight and piece of shit 545RFE transmission, and the price went up close to $20,000. Why would anybody buy one? Answer; it looks like they won't and aren't.

Just go borrow one from the dealer. They're gonna have to sell whatever they have at a huge discount anyway, so it may as well have some mileage on it.
jagsfan84

Post by jagsfan84 »

Mike_Levy wrote:You're gonna have a really hard time finding one. From what the dealers are telling me, people are staying away from the new GC SRT8 in droves. Where they used to sell 2-3 of the old ones a week, they're not even selling 2-3 of the new ones in a month. They see it, like I do, as a huge step down from the first generation. Can't hold a candle to it in performance, thanks to the extra weight and piece of shit 545RFE transmission, and the price went up close to $20,000. Why would anybody buy one? Answer; it looks like they won't and aren't.

Just go borrow one from the dealer. They're gonna have to sell whatever they have at a huge discount anyway, so it may as well have some mileage on it.
Look if your going to bash something at least gets your facts right. The SRT8 uses the w5a580 which is hardly garbage and the same as the rest of the hemi powered lx cars.the 8spd is coming next year anyways.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

The first gen SRT8 used the W5A580. The current one does not, it uses the truck transmission from the Ram. At least thats what Ralph said at the Javits Center release. If they reverted back to the Merc trans then theres no reason for the current one to be slower, which it has consistently proven to be.

Not that the W5A580 is a great box anyway. I've blown one, which says its weak. The press is always bashing its shifting. Its simply outdated and outclassed.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Okay, just checked with the dealer. The SRT8 does have the W5A580. My Bad. :oops:

No idea why its such a slug then. With 45 more hp and more torque, even with the extra weight it should be as quick as the first gen, though testing has shown it to be at least a half second slower, both to 60 and in the 1/4. Thought it was the tranny, obviously it isn't.
jbarker1515

Post by jbarker1515 »

You can use mine...I work in Jupiter, but live on Atlantic in Delray.
CudaJeep

Post by CudaJeep »

Mike_Levy wrote:You're gonna have a really hard time finding one. From what the dealers are telling me, people are staying away from the new GC SRT8 in droves. Where they used to sell 2-3 of the old ones a week, they're not even selling 2-3 of the new ones in a month. They see it, like I do, as a huge step down from the first generation. Can't hold a candle to it in performance, thanks to the extra weight and piece of shit 545RFE transmission, and the price went up close to $20,000. Why would anybody buy one? Answer; it looks like they won't and aren't.

how about some facts. 14, 921 total produced
2006-2010 Jeep SRT's sold
http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_srt8_distribution.htm

2012+ Jeep SRT's built so far-4992
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_srt8_production.htm