08-13 Avengers....

Vehicles needed for testing

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

cartwrna

Re: 08-13 Avengers....

Post by cartwrna »

Mikel, Will there be a 91 OCTANE tune available or strictly 93 for hi-performance? The issue with that is alot of potential buyers dont have access to 93 octane, I know here in Iowa the highest I can get is 91 octane and 92 If I want to drive hours. No 93 available. I can get 100 and 110 race fuel though lol! Really need a corn fed tune aka e85 and a 91 octane. I think that makes or breaks alot of potential buyers, me being one as I have no benefit from 93 and im not looking to save fuel im lookin to burn that stuff up!!
AvengerSE36

Post by AvengerSE36 »

Yeah same here. I will buy right on the spot if a 91 octane tune is out. Otherwise I cant buy this until a tune for 91 fuel is coming. Plus the chargers with the 3.6 have one lol
red200s

Post by red200s »

I'm quite sure 87 tune increases performance too. Of course a 91 tune would be better considering 93 fuel is not available.
drksd4848

Post by drksd4848 »

Alright, here's a question:

Say I run the 93 octane tune in my 'Venge, but then my wife fills it up with 87. Would that cause a problem? Would the engine start to misfire and ping? I know engines now a days have automatic ping adjusters/timing advancers, but just wondering.
mikel

Post by mikel »

it will knock and lose a bunch of power...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
drksd4848

Post by drksd4848 »

mikel wrote:it will knock and lose a bunch of power...
Guess I'd better be the one to fill it up then :twisted:

Here's another question (and this might be a dumb one):

Would modifying the torque management allow you to change the amount of time the transmisson (or in this case, transaxle) will hold a gear when in Drive?

At WOT, that 62TE does a very nice job at keeping it right in the power band, but when accelerating on the highway it downshifts in short bursts for fuel economy. Downshifts to get you up to speed, then quickly upshifts... Feels like it hangs you out to dry in the passing lane.

Sometimes I'll drop it into autostick for that, but that can also be frustrating, especially when hunting for the right gear. And a/s just aint the same as the real thing.
red91rt

Post by red91rt »

So, Mike! You can search by vehicle and the Chrysler 200 is now listed, but no product on it's page. Since I now have confirmation my Trinity is sitting on my porch just begging me to come home early and try it out tonight, please tell me the updated crom is available to download through the downloader app now... :D
Staggolee

Post by Staggolee »

Staggolee wrote:Sorry, one more question.. I saw that the InTune DCX has the autostick upshift disable.. will the non DCX InTune for the 3.5L have this feature too? They use the same six-speed
Any idea on this, mike?
mikel

Post by mikel »

where are you seeing that?

there is no auto upshift control currently...
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Staggolee

Post by Staggolee »

mikel wrote:where are you seeing that?

http://www.diablosport.com/products/intune-dcx.html

Under adjustable parameters:
Automatic Dodge/Chrysler vehicles have a great feature called “AutoStick” that lets the driver select each gear change with a push of the shifter lever. In the stock configuration, the transmission will still shift to the next gear when the engine hits a certain RPM, even in the Autostick mode. Activating this parameter will let the driver hold the transmission in each gear as long as he wants. Excellent for nights at the local dragstrip!
Saw it listed under the DCX, but not the regular InTune
mikel

Post by mikel »

Staggolee wrote:
mikel wrote:where are you seeing that?

http://www.diablosport.com/products/intune-dcx.html

Under adjustable parameters:
Automatic Dodge/Chrysler vehicles have a great feature called “AutoStick” that lets the driver select each gear change with a push of the shifter lever. In the stock configuration, the transmission will still shift to the next gear when the engine hits a certain RPM, even in the Autostick mode. Activating this parameter will let the driver hold the transmission in each gear as long as he wants. Excellent for nights at the local dragstrip!
Saw it listed under the DCX, but not the regular InTune
what vehicle are you selecting there?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Staggolee

Post by Staggolee »

Hadn't selected a vehicle, just went straight to the product listing; I'm guessing its not available on either if I select an Avenger/200/Sebring? (when its updated)
mikel

Post by mikel »

correct...
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
200S

Post by 200S »

mikel wrote:
I just became the worlds first person to drive a tuned 3.6 powered 2011 200S.

What do I think about it?

Well, let me go change my drawers...be right back.

OK. Thats better.
Dead stop. Click the TC button once. Lay into throttle (no brake input), and the tires just start roasting. You figure it will stop eventually....but it keeps going. At this point, you are really feeling it in the steering wheel. By about 40 MPH, you are questioning the sanity of what you are doing. Dumpsters are flying by to my right, and the tires are still smoking, and I'm fighting with the steering wheel in an odd, unfamiliar fashion (rwd for me :)). I dont know when they stopped spinning, but the car was moving out at that point.

Downshifts were quicker. Throttle response is improved tremendously. Obviously, TM is out of the way ;)

This was with 93 octane and the 93 tune. I'm sure the 87 tune will provide similar experiences. Its been a while since I kinda scared myself in a car here, and it was a nice break. Never thought it would happen in an N/A V6, but hey....lol.

BTW, this car has upgraded wheels and tires, and the tires are 255's, up from the stock 225's...I'm sure I'll find a car with stock tires to see how much more fun it might be :)

To add to Mike's review of the tune's bottom end capabilities, I have a review of the tunes top end on the highway:

Idle and normal driving are completely unchanged. Full throttle highway runs are much more responsive and the car pulls strong with a notable amount of torque steer :drivingbad: Throttle lag is greatly improved and there is now a tremendous sense of urgency where there was none before.

Big thanks to Mike and the DiabloSport team for supporting the 200/Avenger 3.6 platform. I finally feel that I have a performance sedan!
untouchable4206

Post by untouchable4206 »

So I just got my INTUNE DCX from Summit Racing and updated it. Plugged it into the car and it recognized it! I messed around with it a little and loaded the 91 tune. There was no 93 tune?? Also a few parameters were failing to update. MIKE: Is the 200 3.6 tune still in development?
Modern Muscle TB
Ported Intake Manifold
Apexi N1 Full Exhaust
Resonator Delete
Ram Air Intake
DS18 Audio
PowerStop Zinc Drilled Rotors
H&R Springs, Custom Shocks
Oil Pressure, Oil Temp,
Air Fuel, Volt Gauges
Zex Nitrous
Rear X Brace