2017 GM

Vehicles needed for testing

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

Elrae

Re: 2017 GM

Post by Elrae »

So? What's the latest with the 2017 gas truck tune? I understand the TCM isn't supported. Just need something to turn off the PITA AFM... Update please? - El
mikel

Post by mikel »

they have been supported for a year...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
rkemp

Post by rkemp »

I have a 2017 gmc sierra 6.2 I used my i2 and paid the upgrade for the 2017 unlock it says it updated but then if I unplug and plug back in says it need to install the updates again after it said done I went and programmed 91 octane tune in and it wont shut off my v4 mode tried to manually shut off v4 mode and loaded that in still didn't work and it doesn't show anything for trans how can I fix my i2 so I can program my truck
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

the 8 speed tranny in that truck is not supported... you can not do anything for the tranny... the 8 speed tranny is not tunable in 2017+ vehicles... only the engine can be tuned.

2017/2018/2019 vehicles require a special unlock sequence... so what will happen is, when you go to install a tune the first time, the tool will give you a message that "one or more controllers can not be tuned - Contacting powertech for vehicle unlock... you will be notified within 1-2 days" - or something similar to that effect.. so then in 1-2 days (usually within an hour though) you should receive an email (if you registered your tool on diablo's site) that your update is ready.. or just run the updater again to update your tool in an hour or so - so then you'd run the Ignition Updater on the tool again, and it will update the tool with the unlock code for your ECM, and then you'd be able to tune the vehicle.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net