General Logging Questions

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
hulkster

General Logging Questions

Post by hulkster »

I'm new to the whole tune process, so I appreciate your help.

I have an inTune, and I have the following questions:

1 - What constitutes a log? Is it an instance of ignition on to ignition off, or can I append to a log? For example, if I am in the middle of a log and need to stop for gas, will the log continue from before I stopped, or will a new log file begin?

2 - What are the benefits of having the inTune connected to a laptop while logging versus just recording using the inTune and uploading the results to the computer once complete?

3 - Which software is best to use to review the logs? Is it DS's Dataviewer program, or does another software program work better?

4 - Are the default PID selections typically sufficient, or do users change/modify the options? Does an option exist to just select all PIDS?

Thanks.
hulkster

RE: General Logging Questions

Post by hulkster »

Also, when attempting to playback a log, I get the message, "inTune Log Playback is not yet supported."
gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

1. A log starts when you start logging with the inTune, and ends when you stop and elect to save the data.
2. There are potentially more PIDs you can log with the laptop. Currently you can't log analog inputs with just the inTune.
3. DS DataViewer is the only way to go unless you use DataViewer to export to csv.
4. Talk to your tuner for a list of PIDs that will be beneficial, or at least provide your vehicle so people can offer a list.
5. Yes, that feature on the inTune isn't ready yet.
The apostrophe does not mean "Look out, here comes an S"!

"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Don't forget, the more PIDs you log, the slower the refresh rate and more useless the log. Just pick the things you need, not everything.
hulkster

Post by hulkster »

Thanks for the responses!

I apologize for not including the car model: 2007 Charger SRT8, Mopar CAI, Magnaflow exhaust.
gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

Here's a list of PIDs for you to log: http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=P ... ic&t=21253
The apostrophe does not mean "Look out, here comes an S"!

"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
mikel

Post by mikel »

the default list for HEMIs is based on Johans 'PIDs to log for your tuner' list :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
RTJim

InTune - PIDs for 2009 Dodge Challenger 5.7 Hemi (R/T)

Post by RTJim »

I have begun using my new InTune to log both the factory tune and the DiabloSport 91 Octane CAI tune. 2009 Dodge Challenger 5.7 Hemi (R/T).

1) I look forward to the update that allows the InTune to replay logs.

2) I have been using DataViewer on my PC. It works fine, but doesn't seem to really be setup for using the InTune. It doesn't even say it supports the InTune! Will there be a data viewer update to take advantage of all the InTune features?
I have also used the DataViewer export to .csv format (good).

3) When I log the PID for ambient temperature, it reads crazy negative values, but the dash display works just fine. What is the correct PID for outside air temperature? I compare this to the inlet tube air temperature (IAT).

4) I notice the standard PID list logs the injector pulse width for Cyl 1. However, when the Multi Displacement System (MDS) activates, that pulse width goes to zero as the car is running on 4 cylinders. I added Cyl 2 to the logged PIDs. Should I add other Cyl 2 vs Cyl 1 PID? Should I just stop logging the Cyl 1 data?
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7 Hemi
ohfugit@gmail.com

Re: General Logging Questions

Post by ohfugit@gmail.com »

Sorry for reviving such and old thread.
Is there a list of MDS related PIDS available that I can monitor on my i3
09 WK 5.7

Thanks