Adjustable parameters?

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
Hawktoy85

Adjustable parameters?

Post by Hawktoy85 »

Where do I find good desriptions of what all the adjustment do? Like WOT fuel or Spark ect. Would realy like to know how to use my tuner correctly. Not just make changes and see what happens. Is there a write up or PDF I can download and read?

Thanks

Jake
05 Dodge Durango
CAI
3" Exhaust with Dynomax VT muffler
mikel

Re: Adjustable parameters?

Post by mikel »

Cooling Fans AC off

High MPH HS Fan On:
High MPH High Speed Fan On when ac is off and above 8mph
High MPH MS Fan On:
High MPH Medium Speed Fan On when ac is off and above 8mph
High MPH LS Fan On:
High MPH Low Speed Fan On when ac is off and above 8mph
Low MPH HS Fan On:
Low MPH High Speed Fan On when ac is off and below 8mph
Low MPH MS Fan On:
Low MPH Medium Speed Fan On when ac is off and below 8mph
Low MPH LS Fan On:
Low MPH Low Speed Fan On when ac is off and below 8mph

Cooling Fans AC on

HS Fan On:
High Speed Fan On when ac is on
MS Fan On:
Medium Speed Fan On when ac is on
LS Fan On:
Low Speed Fan On when ac is on

Spark Adjustment

WOT Spark 1k-3.8k:
Allows user to adjust timing +/-10 degrees in the 1000-3800 rpm range
WOT Spark 4k-4.8k:
Allows user to adjust timing +/-10 degrees in the 4000-4800 rpm range
WOT Spark 5k-7k:
Allows user to adjust timing +/-10 degrees in the 5000-7000 rpm range
To properly dial in your timing using the Predator you need to log or monitor the following live data parameters.
Spark, this is your actual timing (in degrees) at any given time.
Knock Retard, this the amount of timing removed (in degrees) due to knock (detonation/ping). The knock sensors can in rare cases pick up other harsh engine noises as well, if this is the case it is recommended to fix the cause of the noise before proceeding.
You basically always want the knock retard to read zero under wide open throttle conditions, it is normal for it to show some KR when stomping on the throttle and also during the shift.
Monitor the spark and the knock retard pids under wide open throttle and see if you have any knock retard, anything higher than 1 should be adjusted in the respective timing range in the Predator , if the knock is severe, 5 deg plus, try lowering spark by 10%, if less than 5 deg, try 5%. Make another wide open pass and monitor the same pids and basically keep doing this until you seen no knock retard.
NOTE: The use of respective grade fuel should be used with tune choice.
91 octane tune will run on 87,89 and 91 octane. The 93 octane (Performance) tune will run on 91 and 93 octane. If severe knock cannot be remedied by adjusting the parameters for it, try to install the factory tune and monitor the knock using it. If knock still is present consider switching fuel brand.
DiabloSport recommends using fuels from the following vendors:
Mobil, Sunoco and Amoco/BP.

Knock Sensors
Disabling the knock sensors can cause severe damage to your engine if used with poor quality or low octane fuels.

Short term Knock sensor enable/disable:
Enable or disable the short term knock sensor.
Long term Knock sensor enable/disable:
Enable or disable the long term knock sensor.

Fuel Adjustment

WOT Fuel 1k-3.8k
Allows user to adjust fuel +/- 20% in the 1000-3800 rpm range
WOT Fuel 4k-4.8k
Allows user to adjust fuel +/- 20% in the 4000-4800 rpm range
WOT Fuel 5k-7k
Allows user to adjust fuel +/- 20% in the 5000-7000 rpm range

Rev limiters

Rev Limiter in Drive
Allows user to adjust the rev limiter while in drive, adjustable up to 7000 rpms.
Rev Limiter in Neutral
Allows user to adjust the rev limiter while in park/neutral, adjustable up to 4000 rpms.

Idle Speed

Idle Speed in Drive AC off
Allows user to adjust the idle speed +/-400rpm in drive with the ac off.
Idle Speed in Drive AC on
Allows user to adjust the idle speed +/-400rpm in drive with the ac on.
Idle Speed in P/N AC off
Allows user to adjust the idle speed +/-400rpm in park/neutral with the ac off.
Idle Speed in P/N AC on
Allows user to adjust the idle speed +/-400rpm in park/neutral with the ac on.

Vehicle Speed Limiter

Allows user to adjust the vehicles speed limiter up to 190mph

Tire size adjustment

The Predator has two different ways to adjust for tire size.
First Method
Enter your original tire size then enter the new(actual) tire size.
The Predator will prompt you to put in your original tire size in metric format (ex. 265/75-17), once entered the Predator will then display your entry and you confirm it by pressing enter.
The Predator will then promt you to put in the new (actual) tire size in metric format (ex.305/50-22), once entered the Predator will then display your entry and you confirm it by pressing enter.
You can now press esc to go back to the main modify parameter menu and if no more adjustments are desired press esc again and you will be asked to install modified tune, press yes and let Predator upload new adjusted tune to your vehicle.
To reset the tire size, you can go to reset parameters and then reinstall the tune.
Second Method
Enter the tire size or the overall tire height
The Predator will ask if you want to adjust it via entering the tire size or by the actual tire height.
Tire size, enter the metric tire size displayed on the side wall of the tire (ex.265/75-17) then press enter to confirm.
You can now press esc to go back to the main modify parameter menu and if no more adjustments are desired press esc again and you will be asked to install modified tune, press yes and let Predator upload new adjusted tune to your vehicle.
Tire height, measure the tire height using a tape measure and enter that measurement in the Predator, then press enter to confirm.
To reset the tire size, you can go to reset parameters and then reinstall the tune.

Quick Adjust parameters

Quick adjust parameters do not require a reflash to take effect, they require a key cycle, these parameters are available in a separate "Quick Adjust" menu item as well as in the modify parameters menu.
User will be asked to cycle key after each adjustment.

ESP mode
Enable or disable the ESP (traction control), NOTE: When disabled the ABS, ESP BAS and (Brake) lights will be illuminated and ABS will not be operational
Reset TCM adaptation
Resets the learned TCM adaptation(instead of pulling a fuse).
Shift Points
Raise shift points by a predefined setting, 5.7L's (1-2 5800rpm, 2-3 6000rpm, 3-4 6000rpm), 6.1L's (1-2 6400rpm, 2-3 6400rpm, 3-4 6400rpm).(N/A on Jeep)
Shift Firmness
Reduces torque management between shifts for a firmer shift , N/A on SRT8 vehicles.
Autostick auto upshift
Enable/Disable automatic upshift when in manual autostick mode, ie. raise your rev limits and you can shift manually at any rpm without the vehicle automatically upshifting (as it would do stock).(N/A on Jeep)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Hawktoy85

Post by Hawktoy85 »

Once I you have the tune installed, 87, 91 or 93, are the adjustable parameters changes to that tune or changes from stock baseline?

SO what I am wondering is if I have a tune installed and start playing around with WOT spark or WOT fuel settings am I adding to what the tune has already changed or is it to the stock setting. So if I add + 5% to fueling is it 5% more than stock or 5% more than the current tuning?

Same with throttle responce, if I add 10% is it 10 more than current tune or 10% more than stock.
05 Dodge Durango
CAI
3" Exhaust with Dynomax VT muffler
mikel

Post by mikel »

if adjusting the tune, you are starting where we set it,
if you want to start with stock values, use the modify stock tune option.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
police1

Post by police1 »

Police1 Hi just purchased the diablo itune for my g8 gt 2009 was
Wondering, if you could send me the right up on how to adjust the
Parameters like the rev I see it does increments by 50 I had the
Cortex Superchips total diff from your product . I'm using the
91 octane tune with some adjustments to dod, speed limiter ,
Any help appreciated
vin57

Post by vin57 »

Hi I was wondering if the tunes that come with the unit are set with stock fan settings or are they set assuming you have a 180 t stat. If they are set at the stock settings, could you tell me what they are, and what you would reccomend adjusting to if you do put a 180 stat in?I have 09 challenger RT. thanks :D
mikel

Post by mikel »

fans are optimized for the stock t-stat, lower them all by 20* for a 180 T-stat.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Filippelli74

Post by Filippelli74 »

Mikel, so I have a 2012 jeep srt8 6.4l. I want to know what the best WOT adjustments I can do without harming the engine. The other day I messed with it by bumping all of the parameters up by about 9% lean. Seemed to run well but reading later on the web that I shouldn't mess with the WOT if i don't know what I am doing. Any sugestions?
garrett
Site Admin

Post by garrett »

The tunes should not be adjusted unless you know what you're doing. The tunes are optimized for the most power, if you see an adjustment that needs to be made you can. i would never recommend just adjusting because you have the ability to.
Goofy7

Post by Goofy7 »

mikel wrote:Cooling Fans AC off

High MPH HS Fan On:
High MPH High Speed Fan On when ac is off and above 8mph
High MPH MS Fan On:
High MPH Medium Speed Fan On when ac is off and above 8mph
High MPH LS Fan On:
High MPH Low Speed Fan On when ac is off and above 8mph
Low MPH HS Fan On:
Low MPH High Speed Fan On when ac is off and below 8mph
Low MPH MS Fan On:
Low MPH Medium Speed Fan On when ac is off and below 8mph
Low MPH LS Fan On:
Low MPH Low Speed Fan On when ac is off and below 8mph

Cooling Fans AC on

HS Fan On:
High Speed Fan On when ac is on
MS Fan On:
Medium Speed Fan On when ac is on
LS Fan On:
Low Speed Fan On when ac is on

Spark Adjustment

WOT Spark 1k-3.8k:
Allows user to adjust timing +/-10 degrees in the 1000-3800 rpm range
WOT Spark 4k-4.8k:
Allows user to adjust timing +/-10 degrees in the 4000-4800 rpm range
WOT Spark 5k-7k:
Allows user to adjust timing +/-10 degrees in the 5000-7000 rpm range
To properly dial in your timing using the Predator you need to log or monitor the following live data parameters.
Spark, this is your actual timing (in degrees) at any given time.
Knock Retard, this the amount of timing removed (in degrees) due to knock (detonation/ping). The knock sensors can in rare cases pick up other harsh engine noises as well, if this is the case it is recommended to fix the cause of the noise before proceeding.
You basically always want the knock retard to read zero under wide open throttle conditions, it is normal for it to show some KR when stomping on the throttle and also during the shift.
Monitor the spark and the knock retard pids under wide open throttle and see if you have any knock retard, anything higher than 1 should be adjusted in the respective timing range in the Predator , if the knock is severe, 5 deg plus, try lowering spark by 10%, if less than 5 deg, try 5%. Make another wide open pass and monitor the same pids and basically keep doing this until you seen no knock retard.
NOTE: The use of respective grade fuel should be used with tune choice.
91 octane tune will run on 87,89 and 91 octane. The 93 octane (Performance) tune will run on 91 and 93 octane. If severe knock cannot be remedied by adjusting the parameters for it, try to install the factory tune and monitor the knock using it. If knock still is present consider switching fuel brand.
DiabloSport recommends using fuels from the following vendors:
Mobil, Sunoco and Amoco/BP.

Knock Sensors
Disabling the knock sensors can cause severe damage to your engine if used with poor quality or low octane fuels.

Short term Knock sensor enable/disable:
Enable or disable the short term knock sensor.
Long term Knock sensor enable/disable:
Enable or disable the long term knock sensor.

Fuel Adjustment

WOT Fuel 1k-3.8k
Allows user to adjust fuel +/- 20% in the 1000-3800 rpm range
WOT Fuel 4k-4.8k
Allows user to adjust fuel +/- 20% in the 4000-4800 rpm range
WOT Fuel 5k-7k
Allows user to adjust fuel +/- 20% in the 5000-7000 rpm range

Rev limiters

Rev Limiter in Drive
Allows user to adjust the rev limiter while in drive, adjustable up to 7000 rpms.
Rev Limiter in Neutral
Allows user to adjust the rev limiter while in park/neutral, adjustable up to 4000 rpms.

Idle Speed

Idle Speed in Drive AC off
Allows user to adjust the idle speed +/-400rpm in drive with the ac off.
Idle Speed in Drive AC on
Allows user to adjust the idle speed +/-400rpm in drive with the ac on.
Idle Speed in P/N AC off
Allows user to adjust the idle speed +/-400rpm in park/neutral with the ac off.
Idle Speed in P/N AC on
Allows user to adjust the idle speed +/-400rpm in park/neutral with the ac on.

Vehicle Speed Limiter

Allows user to adjust the vehicles speed limiter up to 190mph

Tire size adjustment

The Predator has two different ways to adjust for tire size.
First Method
Enter your original tire size then enter the new(actual) tire size.
The Predator will prompt you to put in your original tire size in metric format (ex. 265/75-17), once entered the Predator will then display your entry and you confirm it by pressing enter.
The Predator will then promt you to put in the new (actual) tire size in metric format (ex.305/50-22), once entered the Predator will then display your entry and you confirm it by pressing enter.
Second Method
Enter the tire size or the overall tire height
The Predator will ask if you want to adjust it via entering the tire size or by the actual tire height.
Tire size, enter the metric tire size displayed on the side wall of the tire (ex.265/75-17) then press enter to confirm.
Tire height, measure the tire height using a tape measure and enter that measurement in the Predator, then press enter to confirm.

Quick Adjust parameters

Quick adjust parameters do not require a reflash to take effect, they require a key cycle, these parameters are available in a separate "Quick Adjust" menu item as well as in the modify parameters menu.
User will be asked to cycle key after each adjustment.

ESP mode
Enable or disable the ESP (traction control), NOTE: When disabled the ABS, ESP BAS and (Brake) lights will be illuminated and ABS will not be operational
Reset TCM adaptation
Resets the learned TCM adaptation(instead of pulling a fuse).
Shift Points
Raise shift points by a predefined setting, 5.7L's (1-2 5800rpm, 2-3 6000rpm, 3-4 6000rpm), 6.1L's (1-2 6400rpm, 2-3 6400rpm, 3-4 6400rpm).(N/A on Jeep)
Shift Firmness
Reduces torque management between shifts for a firmer shift , N/A on SRT8 vehicles.
Autostick auto upshift
Enable/Disable automatic upshift when in manual autostick mode, ie. raise your rev limits and you can shift manually at any rpm without the vehicle automatically upshifting (as it would do stock).(N/A on Jeep)

So if I use 87,89 and 91 octane gas on my Dodge Charger 3.6 I can use the 91 Octane Tune, and if I use the 91 or 93 Oct gas I can use The 93 octane (Performance) tune, is that correct?
Kyle Martin
Goofy7

Post by Goofy7 »

or do I have to use each as occording to the gas put in, like if I use 87 octance gas then I need to use 87 octane tune, or 91 octane gas and need to use 91 octane tune and so forth.
Kyle Martin