Retuning

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
eazycheeze

Retuning

Post by eazycheeze »

Hello, after an hour of updating, i got my I1000 tuner working and tuned my 2015 2500HD Silverado with the MPG boost tune and modified the tire size for the speedometer.

Couple questions, my GPS and speedo are roughly 2-4km/h or 1-2mph off, is this range acceptable or can i gain perfection with diablo; if so so i need too modify the NOV and gear ratio specs?

Other question is since i have a tune already installed, if i were to want another mod done, do i need too backup original and repeat, or can i just plug and play and overwrite the current tune without losing my backed up OEM tune on the device; in other words, i do not want the tuner to overwrite my OEM tune backed up with my first tune i installed, would it do this?

Thirdly, my 2500hd is a 6L flex gas engine and i got a 6.5 lift with 37 tires and 20 rims. 37x12.5R20 with cold air intake (K&N) and catback american thunder flowmaster dual exhaust. It has 31000km on the truck, flares, some added weight from linexed bumpers and grills etc. Now prior too the tires and rims i was achieving, roughly 800-850 km a tank at 14-18L/100km in summer and winter id get around 600-650km a tank at 18-21L/100km. Now i am not sure if our gas has swapped yet too winter gas but with my new tires and rims and accessories, i am now running at 600-650km a tank and at 18-25L/100km.

Assuming it is the tires and rims doing this obviously, what type of parameters should i mod on the tuner too gain full effiency but have some power still. i do not want to lack power as i do haul trailers, but for daily driving i would like better. With the MPG Booster and on firm shifting, it stays lower RPMS and my milage seemed too have dropped down too 15-20l/100km but that was a very quick test run. Would i get more with the diablo tune and is it for 87octane or is it for 91 or 93?

I do not know much about tuning and this tuner has lots of options which i am not comfortable touching myself as i have warranty still. Again i am trying to gain mileage and im unsure of MPG Booster is the best options for my buck. Should i be on Hard shift or firm? what is the real difference between the two but i do not want to run the truck into the ground either.

Sorry for the novel, i am trying to clarify much for myself. Also sorry for not using US Measurements i am canadian, EH!

Thank you!
eazycheeze

Re: Retuning

Post by eazycheeze »

Bump!
eazycheeze

Post by eazycheeze »

Hey just looking too see if I️ can get any answer yet! Anyone!
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

if the speedo is within 1-3 mph, it's fine..

if you want to adjust something else, you do not have to go back to stock first.. just select the tune you want to install, make your adjustments, then reinstall it.. it will overwrite the previous tune with the adjustments you made.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net