caliber srt4 can not wot with tune

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
JadesMarine

caliber srt4 can not wot with tune

Post by JadesMarine »

11380_00.log
Data log
(248.99 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
Hi, I need help. After loading the diablo tune and not adjust anything I can't go wide open throttle or the boost bounces maxed out and pops and makes all kinds of stupid sounds. the car is stock right now but I was hope the diablo tune would be a better 93 tune option. Please help
mikel

Re: caliber srt4 can not wot with tune

Post by mikel »

No mods at all? Stock wastegate? All Vacuum lines connected properly?
Thats really odd.
I would also confirm the plug gaps are set to .028-.030

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
JadesMarine

Post by JadesMarine »

mikel wrote:No mods at all? Stock wastegate? All Vacuum lines connected properly?
Thats really odd.
I would also confirm the plug gaps are set to .028-.030

Thanks
Yes, all stock. Everything connected properly. When I put it back to stock it runs like it should. When I turn the wastegate boost setting all the way negative it runs ok just boost pressure like stock.
mikel

Post by mikel »

how are you adjusting the wastegate boost setting?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
JadesMarine

Post by JadesMarine »

mikel wrote:how are you adjusting the wastegate boost setting?
I turned down the wastegate percentage under the parameters.
mikel

Post by mikel »

That makes me think its plug related, and blowing spark out with the increased boost.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
JadesMarine

Post by JadesMarine »

mikel wrote:That makes me think its plug related, and blowing spark out with the increased boost.
I have new plugs and coils coming tomorrow so I will replace them and check back.
JadesMarine

Post by JadesMarine »

well now I go to tune the car and it tell me that I dont have any available license even though I just bought the license for this car. ugh
mikel

Post by mikel »

post the info.xml file from the device please.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Logan28

Post by Logan28 »

Hey Mikel! I am having the same issue with my car but its pretty intermittent. I have bran new step colder NGK same as the tune was produced on. Gapped down to .028. Also a bran new set of coils. It doesn't happen every time. most of the time in second it will pull perfectly nice and smooth. the odd time it will flutter like a vehicle that has foul plugs in it. WOT in third from 3500-6000 it happens a lot more often. I should note that I have had times where it pulls perfectly but there is some sort of issue for sure. Anything I could try to reduce this? is it safe to gap the plugs even a little tighter?

boost is also spiking at 19psi then it levels off at 17psi

Side note. I am in Canada B.C. and Running Shell 91 octane with the 91 tune. However not sure if our fuel up here makes a difference. Pretty hot out this time of year too 30 degrees celsius but pretty dry.

Car is currently stock in every way shape/form.

also added the info XML like you asked for from the other gentlemen.
Attachments
info.xml
info xml
(2.21 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Logan28

Post by Logan28 »

Logan28 wrote:Hey Mikel! I am having the same issue with my car but its pretty intermittent. I have bran new step colder NGK same as the tune was produced on. Gapped down to .028. Also a bran new set of coils. It doesn't happen every time. most of the time in second it will pull perfectly nice and smooth. the odd time it will flutter like a vehicle that has foul plugs in it. WOT in third from 3500-6000 it happens a lot more often. I should note that I have had times where it pulls perfectly but there is some sort of issue for sure. Anything I could try to reduce this? is it safe to gap the plugs even a little tighter?

Side note. I am in Canada B.C. and Running Shell 91 octane with the 91 tune. However not sure if our fuel up here makes a difference. Pretty hot out this time of year too 30 degrees celsius but pretty dry.

actually could very well be a wastegate issue. it seems to be overboosting a bit at times. unless its supposed to spike and wobble a little on the gauge. not sure if this is tune or mechanical issue though. runs fine with stock tune. sometimes i watch when its having the issue and the boost gauge spikes as high as 20 psi then wobbles off and drops to where its suposed to be.
Logan28

Post by Logan28 »

Logan28 wrote:
Logan28 wrote:Hey Mikel! I am having the same issue with my car but its pretty intermittent. I have bran new step colder NGK same as the tune was produced on. Gapped down to .028. Also a bran new set of coils. It doesn't happen every time. most of the time in second it will pull perfectly nice and smooth. the odd time it will flutter like a vehicle that has foul plugs in it. WOT in third from 3500-6000 it happens a lot more often. I should note that I have had times where it pulls perfectly but there is some sort of issue for sure. Anything I could try to reduce this? is it safe to gap the plugs even a little tighter?

actually could very well be a wastegate issue. it seems to be overboosting a bit at times. unless its supposed to spike and wobble a little on the gauge. not sure if this is tune or mechanical issue though. runs fine with stock tune. sometimes i watch when its having the issue and the boost gauge spikes as high as 20 psi then wobbles off and drops to where its suposed to be.

So to hopefully finish off the story here. When I first got the tuner I plugged it in to update it and got an error message when I tried to update on my computer. So I tried the WIFI update which seemed to work perfectly. then had these issues. This morning I plugged it in and tried the hardwire updater again. And this time it worked and did an update. I re-installed the tune after and It definitely seems to be running perfectly. mind you I only drove it for about 20 minutes to grab a coffee but I tested a few good pulls from 3000-6000 in third with WOT and it was pulling perfectly nice and smooth. mind you its only 18 degrees celsius. so hopefully this fixed my issue. If it persists I'll return it to stock and at leased I can still make some adjustments to that. But hoping it works because holy smokes does the tune turn her into a beast.
mikel

Post by mikel »

well, these tunes havent changed in years, so the update didnt change the tunes, so this kinda points to an intermittent vehicle issue?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Logan28

Post by Logan28 »

Really appreciate the reply. Car has been running great. If it acts up again I’ll get it inspected at the local tuner shop.
Logan28

Post by Logan28 »

Car started to have the same issue after a few days. Took it to a local shop (not a tuner shop). He recommended ordering a new wastegate to start. So I got one of those on the way and it won't be here for a few weeks. Anything else you guys could recommend replacing in the meantime? Plugs are 3000 km's old gapped at .028, coils are 1000km's old. car is stock at this point. should I try gapping the plugs right down to .02? Seems to also be a little worse after the car is warmed right up. I don't have any CEL but I could replace the 02 sensors if you guys think that could be a contributing factor? I am a newbie with this kind of thing and really appreciate any advice/help. Have a good set of tools and above average mechanical knowledge (working in quick lube shop for 10 years).

Cheers!