No ECUs found

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
michael0584

No ECUs found

Post by michael0584 »

I put a tune on my 2003 Suburban a few years ago with my DiabloSport I1000 inTune programmer and have used it to pull codes and datalog various times since then. I've decided to go with a custom tune and figured I should plug up the programmer to my pc and let it do any updates first. It did updates and a firmware upgrade with no reported issues but now when I plug it back into my suburban and try the Tune vehicle option it circles then says no ECUs found. If I try to pull codes it circles then just goes back to the main screen. I plugged up my autel and it was able to communicate with the ECM. Any ideas what is going on?
06MonteSS

Re: No ECUs found

Post by 06MonteSS »

you should have restored the original backup stock tune to the truck first before doing the updates...

BUT... the updater program has been updated and has changed since that old i1000 was released/supported...

you need to download the new Update Agent (Ignition Updater) program from diablo's site and install that on your Windows PC/laptop...

That's the new updater that is used to update all inTunes and newer Trinity tools...

But since you can't even restore the original backup stock tune at this point, you will need to contact diablo tech support tomorrow... they will need to reset your inTune, get your vehicle put back to stock, etc etc.. and go from there...

So you need to contact diablo tech support tomorrow... 9am-5pm eastern time...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
michael0584

Re: No ECUs found

Post by michael0584 »

so this is really weird, plugged my Autel back in and it would not communicate. Checked power 16 and grounds 4,5 at obd2 port and all was good. pulled kick panel to inspect wiring and all appeared to be good. I saw the blinker module i replaced recently and pulled it and ecm was communicating to autel and intune. plugged it back in and lost communication. pulled it and could communicate again, put it back in again and I'm still able to communicate. Very strange, not sure if module is interfering with Bus data or maybe wiggling module is affecting it? I'll go ahead and get a replacement module.