Tune failed to update

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
cleetusvandame

Tune failed to update

Post by cleetusvandame »

Hello,

I had my 2002 Mustang GT serviced by a local Ford technician and he asked if it had a tune, which I advised it did. He proceeded to connect my intune 1000 to flas the backup stock tune back to the ECU, however as it seemed stuck (no spinning wheel) and the battery voltage being low, it failed to upload the stock tune. Technician was able to flash with his software, however when connecting my unit to the vehicle, it is advising the last tune failed to upload and asks me to continue. If I choose no, it's like it's stuck in recovery mode. Same happens when I connect it to the PC.

My question is - Is it safe to continue with flashing the backup tune, so that I can hopefully proceed with the previous 91 tune the vehicle had, or am I risking the unit freezing up while up-loading the stock tune? Just want to be sure before I proceed.

Thanks in advance.
mikel

Re: Tune failed to update

Post by mikel »

At this point the device needs t be reset since he flashed the pcm, and i would suggest updating the device first then calling to have it reset.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
cleetusvandame

Re: Tune failed to update

Post by cleetusvandame »

Thanks Mike. I have tried to update it through the PC but seems to still be stuck in recovery mode. Is there a particular configuration required to update? Also, what is required to reset the device once I call in?