Updater "missing" Windows 10

Post any issues or questions regarding the inTune auto updater application, or any PC related issues here.
Bad Teddy

Updater "missing" Windows 10

Post by Bad Teddy »

Just to get ahead of it, I've already installed the driver mentioned in another thread. The only drive showing up is the i2 drive, no CD-Rom drive. The updater line of the info file indicates "missing" and I certainly can't find the InTune.exe file I remember seeing at one point either.

I've attached the info file accordingly. I took a glance at it and, per the current version numbers listed on the website, my i2 is definitely out of date by more than a few versions so it ought to be telling me to update I'm pretty sure.

Just as an aside, which I assume/hope might correct itself after I'm able to update it; right now it's also no longer allowing me to modify parameters on my vehicle either. I've tried re-installing the tune to correct that issue and well... no dice. So for the moment I've returned my vehicle to stock.
Attachments
info.xml
(2.11 KiB) Downloaded 696 times
mikel

Re: Updater "missing" Windows 10

Post by mikel »

update it with the igntiion software to get it up to date.

The missing updater means you simply havent enabled wifi.
Once you do that it will be shown as a version.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Bad Teddy

Post by Bad Teddy »

The device just endlessly says Installer: Preparing (well, for about 45 minutes) when trying to update it. As for ignition, it tries to install various files and either gets stuck while attempting to push to install, or tells me to reconnect the device. After reconnecting the device it says it's up to date, but if I close ignition and re-open it, it says it needs updating again (also, under "more" nothing was changing in terms of versions).

I also noticed when looking at My Computer that while ignition is attempting to install files, the i2 drive disappears and re-appears about every 3 seconds.

Edit 1:

I havn't used this much of my computer geek brain since I got out of hardware engineering in college -_-

Anywho, after playing around with a few things I was able to locate a ghost .itf file that seemed to be causing the endless reconnect loops. It wouldn't appear until I enabled seeing protected files on my PC. Once that stopped, it took a little more finagling and playing around with files and folders to get it to stop just saying "Installer: Preparing" endlessly but I got it to start updating via Ignition. I'm having to keep re-triggering the Ignition app to keep installing other "updates," but by looking at the runtime folder it seems to just be restoring its file structure from me mucking about with it. NOW, let's talk about a question the Wi-fi setup asks about overriding test applications or something. Should I say yes or no to that question if I use the Wifi updating?

Also I'll post back when I head back out to my truck regarding the issue with it not allowing me to modify parameters. I'd do it now but it's 30 degrees outside and all :lol: Fingers crossed that the issue is fixed now though.

Edit 2:

Went and tested it on the truck and all seems well!
mikel

Post by mikel »

good find :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com