Can I use an inTune on a Mac?

For inTune users who prefer to not use Windows, we'll help you out in your own section.
mikel

Can I use an inTune on a Mac?

Post by mikel »

Yes!

While most of our software is windows based, you can do simple drag and drop updates with an inTune on a Mac. You can also access tune files, datalogs, or load custom tunes. None of these procedures require any specific software, as the tool itself appears as an external hard drive to the computer.

You'll still need windows to run Dataviewer for log playback/live streaming, or to use the auto updater, but you're not out in the cold :)

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
bobsmyuncle

RE: Can I use an inTune on a Mac?

Post by bobsmyuncle »

I have possession of both an InTune and a Trinity and I'm down to the wire deciding which to keep.

I need to confirm my reliance on a PC platform.

Can I email the logged data for custom email tunes WITHOUT a PC?

As for the auto updater; is there still a way to update the software WITHOUT a PC?

Thanks guys, Jason
mikel

RE: Can I use an inTune on a Mac?

Post by mikel »

Can I email the logged data for custom email tunes WITHOUT a PC?

Yes, no problem, open the intune drive on your Mac, open the 'logs' folder, and grab the log(s) you want to send.

As for the auto updater; is there still a way to update the software WITHOUT a PC?

Yes, there will be an inTune downloads page on our site where you'll be able to enter a registered inTune serial number and it will let you download any/all of the latest updates so you can drag/drop them to the inTune drive.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Venum29

Post by Venum29 »

Ok, so no auto update for MAC, but is it possible to update the intune from my MAC? I have not ordered it yet, just getting some info before hand thanks.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yes, that is correct.

You can also load custom tunes, get files off of it, etc.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
BigDSRT4

Re: Can I use an inTune on a Mac?

Post by BigDSRT4 »

Come on guys :roll: , this is the 21st century and DS is a big enough company now to hire or outsource an apple programmer for these devices to fully function on Macs. We all know most people still use PC :lamer: but you know the people using these devices and spend a little extra on upgrades - spend a little extra on getting a quality computers and laptops so why not offer everything us MAC users need? I know there are "work arounds" but no data logging or update support for my $2,500 2012 MacBook is kindof behind the times, agree?
piratemonkey

Post by piratemonkey »

asking to have my intune registered
Attachments
info.xml
(474 Bytes) Downloaded 1453 times
mikel

Post by mikel »

piratemonkey wrote:asking to have my intune registered
here you go, drag/drop it to the intune drive.
Attachments
registration.itf
(859 Bytes) Downloaded 1963 times
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
piratemonkey

Post by piratemonkey »

thanks whats the order of the tunes i have to upload
behindthetimes

Post by behindthetimes »

Just did 8 hours of mods to my truck. Saving the tuner as the final step. And I plug in and find out that this doesnt work with my Mac. haha. Awesome. :crashing:

A little help if possible. I have version 1r03h on my Intune i-1000 DCX. Do I need to auto update? If so, how can I do so?
I would love to get this thing working asap since I wont have time to work on it later.

Thanks in advance for any possible help.
Goatluver

Post by Goatluver »

Using a Macbook Pro as the host OS and Windows 7 virtualized. If anyone has any issues with using a Mac let me know.
05 GTO - M6
U7191 ver 9r02

08 - Avalanche LTZ
i1000 ver 1r04g
-ND4SPD-

Post by -ND4SPD- »

There should be a Mac specific sub-forum or how to video etc... FYI- I have 2 laptops & a desktop using 2 different operating systems & none of them run windows for a reason haha.
thaikaoken

Post by thaikaoken »

Goatluver wrote:Using a Macbook Pro as the host OS and Windows 7 virtualized. If anyone has any issues with using a Mac let me know.
Hey Goatluver, Im having problems getting updates on my Intune. Just got my registration file, just don't know if it took or not. I mean i see it displayed on the Intune drive, just dont know if it really took like I'm use on PC's when you copy a file. Any help would be much appreciated
Vas@Diablosport

Post by Vas@Diablosport »

thaikaoken wrote:
Hey Goatluver, Im having problems getting updates on my Intune. Just got my registration file, just don't know if it took or not. I mean i see it displayed on the Intune drive, just dont know if it really took like I'm use on PC's when you copy a file. Any help would be much appreciated
If the registration file is still hanging out in the Intunes drive, then it has not yet imported. Once the file imports properly, it will erase itself from the Intunes drive.
No, i don't work here.
applecello

Post by applecello »

My trinity is not showing up as a disk drive on Mac OS 10.8.5... It shows it as connected under the System Info tool under USB, but disk Util and finder don't show a drive connected. any thoughts or ideas?