Board index inTune i-1000 Technical Discussion Mac/Non Windows based issues Bad customer service

Bad customer service

For inTune users who prefer to not use Windows, we'll help you out in your own section.
Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:58 pm

I just bought an i2 and am a mac user. Since I only went to the website and seen it was mac friendly that was a selling point for me over other tuning options. I used to have a pc and hp tuners. I'm not a pc fan at all

So I get this yesterday plug it in to do the updates as advised and it goes through the updating then tells me it's done and click continue to reboot. I do that and stays on please wait for hours! Seriously over 3 hours I had it plugged in my mac.

This morning I call the so called tech support and am told to get a pc because mac is hit or miss. Or return it. That should be advertised on the product. This is clearly misrepresenting your product. I'm not buying a pc and if I return it the vendor will charge me a restocking fee.

Really wish I had seen the forum before ordering. Product and customer service are not what they used to be here.

Post Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:11 pm

I apologize for that answer, its not that cut and dry.
The Mac will work, but macs treat external drives differently than a pc which can complicate and frustrate the process, its just the nature of the Mac OS.
If you post the info.xml file from the i2 drive here I will verify its up to date, which I would imagine it is, and from there you can tune the vehicle.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Return to Mac/Non Windows based issues