Brakes hold for 1-2 seconds

Post questions/issues related to your inTune-DCX application here.
Chevs

Brakes hold for 1-2 seconds

Post by Chevs »

Greetings all,
I did some searching and couldn't find anything on this issue I'm having.

I have been using the Diablo sport tune on my 2014 RAM 1500 and it's been great. Very happy with it.

I decided to try the towing tune for pulling my camper and it seemed to provide a bit more torque and that was cool also. One thing I noticed is that when I let off the brake pedal, it holds the breaks on for another 1-2 seconds. I figured that was to assist with hills.

However, now that I've gone back to the sport tune (and not towing my camper), it's still holding the brakes on after I let off the pedal. Not really cool now. When your sitting at a light and it turns green and I hit the gas, it's hanging up because the brakes are still on and then it lets go. Super weird when your not towing something.

Got any clues on why this is happening?
Thanks,
~Steve
Keller, TX
Chevs

Re: Brakes hold for 1-2 seconds

Post by Chevs »

I finally reached Tech Support. They say the tuner has no connection to the braking system. I guess it's just total coincidence that it started the minute that I changed to the tow tune. Weird.
gwjturner

Post by gwjturner »

Did you happen to change the tire size settings at all? I had this exact issue when I was calibrating my speedometer with the tire size settings. If I selected a size combination that was too far from a standard sizing, my Hill Assist function would activate. Just a thought................ :normal:
Chevs

Post by Chevs »

Thanks for the info gwjturner. I actually did change the tire size setting. That's very interesting and I'll have to take that out and see if it makes a difference.
Chevs

Post by Chevs »

Just thought I'd update this since I was on the forum again. When I turn off the "Hill Assist", my issues went away. If I turn the "Hill Assist" back on, it causes that same 2-3 second delay where it holds the brakes both forward and reverse. Kind of weird, but if I just go in and turn off "Hill Assist", issue is resolved.
~Steve