Error reading "axle ratio" parameter

Post questions/issues related to your inTune-DCX application here.
TexasRedMopar

Error reading "axle ratio" parameter

Post by TexasRedMopar »

Good morning, I have a 2013 Charger 3.6 and 8 speed (8HP45) and have been using my intune for years now with no problems. I recently removed the stock 2.65 rear differential and installed a 3.07. When I attempt to change the gear ratio with the intune I get the following: error reading "axle ratio" parameter. I have updated the tuner and reached out to Diablosport technical and was told that since the tool is failing there is nothing to be done. I've read on some forums where guys just seapped in gears and let the computer learn, but that doesn't work on my car. As soon as I go above 55mph or sustain below 50 for a long period I get a check engine light and the transmission goes into limp mode. I'm getting codes: P215C00 output shaft speed / wheel speed correlation, and P1DB600 vehicle speed signal performance. I use my scanner to view live data and verify that when the wheels and speedo are showing 50mph the shaft speed is showing 56 thus tripping the code. I'm trying to find a way around this without having to put the original gears in. Is this just a problem with my intune, or does the intune itself not truly allow gear changes on a 2013 3.6 8 speed?
mikel

Re: Error reading "axle ratio" parameter

Post by mikel »

we dont do it on the 8 speed, and my understanding has always been that any 8 speed application does not need programming for a different gear ratio...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
TexasRedMopar

Re: Error reading "axle ratio" parameter

Post by TexasRedMopar »

Mike, I can plug in my scanner and view live information. When I'm driving down the road and the average wheel speed reads 40 mph the output shaft speed reads 45 mph and the difference only goes up from there as I increase speed. So that tells me the output shaft speed sensor has to be calibrated for the different axle ratio.