ABS, ESP and TC light on after Backup Restore '08 Charger RT

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Corpser

ABS, ESP and TC light on after Backup Restore '08 Charger RT

Post by Corpser »

Hi there

I was using the inTune2 for my Dodge Charger RT 5.7 2008 with the CAI 93 Tune and some mods (tire size 245 ..., shift firmness and throttle response increase as well as mds off) without a problem the last 5 months.

Since its getting winter now I put on my Winter tires (standard factory size 225/60/18) and I thought changing to the MPG Booster tune cause I dont need a lot of high end performance in winter and I can safe some fuel. So I tried to install the MPG Booster tune via the advance tune option along with the new tire size. It failed to install the new tune at the very beginning and it was rebooting in recovery mode. I thought no worries I still have my Original Backup. So the tuner installed the backup at 100% then switched automatically to „restore quick adjustments” and then failed at 10% at the “shift firmness” for hours. After rebooting, everything seems fine InTune was in the main menu. But after turning on the ignition my ABS, ESP and TC Lights came on and stayed on. The original tune was installed I think cause the mds was on again and also the car was not as responsive than in CAI 93 tune mode.

But those lights stayed on even after 50 miles or so. After that I tried to put in every canned tune that is available but those lights still on. Than tried to update the device, tried to put on the Original Backup again. Same thing, everything fine first at 100% till the” restore quick adjustment screen” stuck at 10% at shift firmness. I even tried to reset all the quick adjustments in the “advanced tune” menu but It failed either at tire size or at shift firmness (freeze or error message). ).

I was at the dealer to read the error codes of my vehicle it sayed U140E (implausible vehicle data received). But could not help further.

Please help I cant drive around with no ABS and ESP in Winter. :drivingbad:

Cheers, Patrick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Re: ABS, ESP and TC light on after Backup Restore '08 Charge

Post by mikel »

the dealer should have reconfigured the vehicle settings, they really told you they can;t help?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Corpser

Re: ABS, ESP and TC light on after Backup Restore '08 Charge

Post by Corpser »

Yeah found another dealer (here in germany its bit more difficult) they put a new software on cost me 100 bucks. Problem gone, all stock now. But I am still afraid to put in another tune, dont want it to happen again. How does this happen and what can I do to avoid faults like that?

btw. What is the latest correct firmware for the Intune2 2010? When i try to update via Ignition I get a funny message (see attached) and it updates again and again ...

Cheers, Patrick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.