Low idle problem

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

ebondy2

Low idle problem

Post by ebondy2 »

I have a 2011 dodge Ram 1500 Laramie with a 5.7 Hemi
When I first bought this truck it would stall when comming to a stop and when going into reverse
What I've done so far.Replace head gaskets(they where leaking),cleaned thottle body,new air filter,new intake air Temp sensor, new PCV valve,New map sensor,Auto trans mission fluid and filter change,new spark plugs(old ones looked okay),This helped except when cooled it still wants to stall.When truck is warm its ok

What i have noticed is that the truck idles at 500 rpm and 600 rpm when ac is on
I bought the I3 tuner so i could adjust these up.

What i've done installed the 87 octane program with the following parameter changes idle in drive +200
idle AC on +100

Now the truck idles at when AC on at 700 rpm but still idles at 500 rpm in drive but if I tap the gas pedal and hold the brake it jumps up to 800 rpm

Any help or suggestions would great
ebondy2

Re: Low idle problem

Post by ebondy2 »

Just an update to my idle problem
When truck is cold it idles at 800 rpm in drive(this is what i flashed to the PCM).When truck warms up and I come to a stop it idles at 800 rpm for half a second then drops to 500 RPM.If i put it in park then drive it idles at 800 RPM or slightley tap the gas pedal

My question is why is it not staying too what i flashed and also what parameter is changed in the pcm when I increase the idle speed in drive is it something I can data log

Looking for any advice
ebondy2

Post by ebondy2 »

Another Update

Tried running with MDS off no change
ebondy2

Post by ebondy2 »

Last Update Problem Fix

I emailed support my problem and less then a day they had me a custom tune which fixed the problem
Hats off to the support and calibration staff at Diablosport for there very quick response and help

Thanks so much
mikel

Post by mikel »

thanks for being patient here.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com