91 Canned Tune Knock

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

TunerNoob

91 Canned Tune Knock

Post by TunerNoob »

Hi all, first time Diablosport inTune user. PT Cruiser, obviously using 91 octane. I'm using Arco gas, some of you might hate it, no I'm not buying anywhere else because I'd prefer to use my local station.

Usually knock happens at higher rpms, and I heard that you should try to quench the knocking with more fuel. I've been trying to increase the WOT richness at 3-6k RPM (knock starts in high 3k's and peaks in mid to high 4k's), and I'm at -8%, -12%, -8%, although I'm not sure the knocking is decreasing as I still have ST KR of 3 at its peak, especially when the TP Abs SAE is at 64 instead of on the floor at 75. No I don't have a wideband because I live in a communist state.

Also, I have heard of fuel injector slope adjusting, but I cannot find this under "Modify Parameters", is it unavailable for my vehicle?

Edit:

Well it seems that my vehicle is suddenly "unsupported" and it can no longer read the VIN under "Vehicle Information", so this issue seems to have resolve itself. Any fixes or do I have to return this shit?

Edit 2:

For some reason the tuner can only read my VIN after driving for a bit and my engine is warm.
mikel

Re: 91 Canned Tune Knock

Post by mikel »

lots of things can lead to knock issues, especially on these cars. Check plugs, confirm wires and coils are healthy, etc.

As for the connectivity issues, thats tricky. These cars used to have all sorts of 'stuff' hacked into the harnesses before tuning was available, and we've seen some real messes. Usually SRT4s, but PTGTs got it too. No way for me to say if thats whats happening here, but its really tough to diagnose these types of issues in a vehicle that we cant see.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com