Any way to tune MDS to engage more?

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

InLegionnaire

Any way to tune MDS to engage more?

Post by InLegionnaire »

Hey guys,

I'm currently driving a '05 Magnum R/T as my Daily 75% of the time; leaving my Shaker 392 for more fun days. Both using my i3 tuner with separate tunes. I run the Magnum with the MPG Boost Tune because I mainly use the car for commutes and highway trips, with occasional fun. Yet the car STRUGGLES to get good or even advertised stock MPG on trips - I'm lucky to get 20-21 going 65 mph, maybe 22-23 if I mix between 60-65. It was already concerning the MPG boost tune did not improve this, and more concerning that my 392 Challenger doesn't break a sweat to get 27-28 MPG going 70; 30 going 65. I know newer tech, VVT, etc - but also larger displacement, compression, etc. I'd at least like to hit the 25 advertised, and improve where I can. I've also used 3 octanes (87, 89, 91) and seen no real difference.

I replaced all spark plugs, coils, filters, and oil when I bought the car 2 months ago, so def tuned up as well. 114k miles.

I was wondering if it's possible for custom tuners to tune the MDS to engage more, as like I said I spend majority of the time on the highway. And I'm just curious what parameters the MPG Boost does actually change/affect, as like I said I didn't really see an improvement since using it.
mikel

Re: Any way to tune MDS to engage more?

Post by mikel »

You can make some changes in a custom tune to let it go into and stay in MDS longer in some cases.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
InLegionnaire

Post by InLegionnaire »

mikel wrote:You can make some changes in a custom tune to let it go into and stay in MDS longer in some cases.
Any recommendations who to reach out for this? I know there are performance custom tuners but I imagine this is a more minor change.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com