Dodge CSRT4 Flex Fuel tuning

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Mcdildoude

Dodge CSRT4 Flex Fuel tuning

Post by Mcdildoude »

Hey all,
coming from the subaru world back into an SRT4 and would like to apply some of the features i was able to put onto my STi to my Caliber SRT4.
The cobb tuner allows me to feed an ethanol analyzer content signal (0-5V) back into the PCM through a OEM sensor input that i have deleted and that most delete (tumbler generating valves in the intake manifold runners) and have it affect my fuel map with the ethanol content variance.
As most gas station that offer pump E85 have a wide tolerance for what they can call E85 (ive seen from E50 to E87) running an Analyzer takes the guess work and the assumptions out of the tune letting you run the proper tune for what you are actually burning. + the simplicity of just pulling up to either a gas or E85 pump, fill up with your choice of fuel and not have to swap maps manually when there's a mixture of fuels in your tank

My question is wether the same could be done using the Second 02 sensor signal (will be running catless and deleting) by feeding the ethanol content analyzer 0-5V output to affect the Fuel map depending on Ethanol content in the fuel.

my research on the subject has so far given me nothing, can this be done? if not why?

Alex
mikel

Re: Dodge CSRT4 Flex Fuel tuning

Post by mikel »

Id have to assume they had created a custom operating system that added fueling tables for the E content.
The Caliber doesnt have any flex tables built in to account for this, but you can easily get a custom tune from any of our CMR tuners to run E85.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mcdildoude

Re: Dodge CSRT4 Flex Fuel tuning

Post by Mcdildoude »

Damn, that sucks to hear i was hoping i could get the same conveniemce on this plateform