I3 Will not tune new OEM PCM

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

wilwsr

I3 Will not tune new OEM PCM

Post by wilwsr »

This is a 2014 RAM 6.4L and had been running 93 OCT tune for a year.
Had numerous issues with after market PCM and used my i3 to return to stock before having dealer install new PCM.
New PCM was installed 2 weeks ago and now decided to put 93 OCT back on today and had some issues.
Ran Ignition before tune and when attempting to tune, the i3 stated my vehicle was not supported.
Went back and ran Ignition 2 more times before all updates were complete.
Upon boot up i3 asked to install calibration, I presses YES and it installed successfully.
Rebooted i3 and started to install 93 OCT, i3 created back up of stock tune. Then it was unable to complete tune and stated it was in recovery mode and gave me the option to revert back to stock tune. Which it did successfully.

Are there any issues will having new PCM from dealer installed?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wilwsr

Re: I3 Will not tune new OEM PCM

Post by wilwsr »

OK, did a lot of scouring forums to see if anyone had same issue.
I found one post similar that the i3 went into recovery mode after installing calibration and attempting to tune right after.
It stated to get the tune to install, he had to complete the calibration, then remove i3, drive/run the vehicle, then start the tuning process again to get it to take.
So I gave it a shot.
Calibration was completed last Sunday, I drove the truck (to work Mon-Fri), then installed the 93 Octane tune on Saturday without a problem.
Hope this helps anyone that needs it.
Thanks Diablo, my RAM is back to where she should be.
:drivingbad: