Urgent! Problem with i3

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

putergod

Urgent! Problem with i3

Post by putergod »

I have an i3 and when I plug it in to the vehicle it was bought and licensed for, it tells me "vehicle not supported". When I check the VIN of the "plugged in vehicle" it provides an invalid VIN with a [ (bracket) where a "D" should be in the VIN. At first we thought it was a PCM problem and sent the PCM back to have it reprogrammed, but it did it on the original PCM when trying to do a backup of the tune to flash to a new PCM as well. It had been working fine for a couple years, but just started doing this a month ago.

I have plugged it into my computer and updated it to no avail. Please help! I really need to get this vehicle running.

Vehicle: 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7

TIA
putergod

Re: Urgent! Problem with i3

Post by putergod »

I saw in another post of a possible similar issue that Mike asked for the serial and/or info.xml.

Serial #: 201322025

XML attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Post by mikel »

VIN appears correct in the info file, can you give the support team a call with it powered up in the vehicle so we can sort this out?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
putergod

Post by putergod »

Absolutely!
putergod

Post by putergod »

mikel wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:20 am VIN appears correct in the info file, can you give the support team a call with it powered up in the vehicle so we can sort this out?
So, I called and spoke to David Greene. He pushed some files to the tool, but ultimately I still have the same problem.
Actual VIN: 1C4RJECT7DC645255
VIN reported by the tool: 1C4RJECT7[C645255

Photos attached.

Reattached smaller versions...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
putergod

Post by putergod »

What's really confusing is the current XML file (attached), where it shows "last connected vehicle", shows the correct VIN. Even shows the correct VIN under "unsupported vin".
putergod

Post by putergod »

Any ideas?
putergod

Post by putergod »

So I plugged the Diablo into my computer this morning and it appeared to have a new update, so I let it update. I took it to the car, which had the new PCM still in it from yesterday, and the tool said there was a calibration file, and loaded it. So It appeared like it was going to work.
I put the original PCM back in just to do a fresh backup, and the tool said the backup was corrupt. Afterwards, the tool said it was licensed for another vehicle (which makes no sense) and wouldn't let me try the backup again.
So, I brought it back inside, and looked in the storage and there was no backup file, and the info.xml shows no licensed VIN.

David sent me a backup file he got from the tool yesterday. Where do I place this file on the tool so I can load it to the new PCM (assuming it even will with the message it gave me on the original PCM)?
putergod

Post by putergod »

It appears like I got it working.
I put the new PCM in the car, did a backup, brought the tool inside and replaced the backup file with the one David pulled off the tool yesterday, then restored that to the new PCM. Vehicle started and did not immediately throw any codes, so it appears to be good to go. I'll post back if that turns out to not be the case.

Thanks.
mikel

Post by mikel »

the displayed vin is just an issue with how it is displayed as long as its correct in the info file, its all good.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com