Diablo i3 vs i3Platinum

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

knjdiablo

Diablo i3 vs i3Platinum

Post by knjdiablo »

I am on the site shopping for i3 to manage my C7 Z06 and there appears to be two versions of the product. One says 50 state legal while the other says it’s illegal for street use and has a special warning ⚠️. I live in Pennsylvania, so don’t plan on driving in CA.

Please explain the difference in the two versions of i3? Trying to make a purchase. What is it the “illegal” for street use one does that the 50 state legal doesn’t?
Last edited by knjdiablo on Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knjdiablo

Re: Illegal Diablo i3?

Post by knjdiablo »

See attachment for illegal message
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
06MonteSS

Re: Diablo i3 vs i3Platinum

Post by 06MonteSS »

the 50-state legal version can not do custom tuning... you do not want that one..

you want the i3 8245/8246 Platinum version that CAN do custom tuning...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
knjdiablo

Post by knjdiablo »

I got the I3 Platinum yesterday.

Thank you for that confirmation and information!
FRANK121

Post by FRANK121 »

Like a dumb azz I ordered it elsewhere ...... Hopefully this is NOT the 50 state unit and it just says Available?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

can't tell from those images you posted, because they're using their own part number, not a diablosport part number... where's a link to the actual one you purchased.. the actual link you ordered/purchased from????
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
FRANK121

Post by FRANK121 »

Ordered from Corvette Mods on the 16th, as of today it was still processing. Tried to cancel it and no ones knows if it has already shipped? I have a RMA started but will have to wait until it is in my hands to know exactly what was shipped? Their website only shows this one available and nothing about a Platinum edition? If it ends up being the wrong one I will send it back and get one from you with a custom tune. You have done a couple of custom tunes for me before on other Corvettes!
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

FRANK121 wrote:Ordered from Corvette Mods on the 16th, as of today it was still processing. Tried to cancel it and no ones knows if it has already shipped? I have a RMA started but will have to wait until it is in my hands to know exactly what was shipped? Their website only shows this one available and nothing about a Platinum edition? If it ends up being the wrong one I will send it back and get one from you with a custom tune. You have done a couple of custom tunes for me before on other Corvettes!
yeah, it doesn't say on their site either... very odd way to have it setup, heh... doesn't tell you which version it is at all.. I even downloaded their source code from their page, and it doesn't have the diablosport model number in the source code at all either... so no way to tell which one you're getting man, heh..

Ok cool, sounds good Frank... Thanks!

-Lew
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
knjdiablo

Post by knjdiablo »

Well I got my i3 Platinum today and installed the C7 93 octane with moderately firm shifts and accounting for my different size rear tires 345/30 R19 Toyo R888R. It worked very well and with the new BMS filter I installed at the same time.
FRANK121

Post by FRANK121 »

I just received my tuner. Is this the correct tuner for My 2016 Corvette Z06? It says 8245 InTune 3 Platinum.
I want to make sure before I open the package!

Thanks!
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes it is....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune