17 Silverado 1500 6.2 i2/Trinity available now unavailable??

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

NemesisC5

17 Silverado 1500 6.2 i2/Trinity available now unavailable??

Post by NemesisC5 »

I spoke with customer service today to order a tuner (i2 or Trinity) and was told they are not available for 2017 Silverado 1500 6.2.
Previously I called and was told they were in stock and shipping and the notification is still displayed on this site they were made available in May 2017.

http://www.diablosport.com/latest-relea ... ng-tuning/

I see owners posting questions on the forum but now the tuners are no longer available for sale?
What happened, were the 2017 GM truck tuners put on hold while issues are addressed?
Please advise.

Thanks,
Scotty
06MonteSS

Re: 17 Silverado 1500 6.2 i2/Trinity available now unavailab

Post by 06MonteSS »

Don't know who you spoke with, but yes, your truck is supported.. only the engine can be tuned though.. the 8 speed transmission can not be tuned.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
NemesisC5

Post by NemesisC5 »

06MonteSS wrote:Don't know who you spoke with, but yes, your truck is supported.. only the engine can be tuned though.. the 8 speed transmission can not be tuned.
The website does not bring up my vehicle either

Chevrolet
Silverado 1500

It will bring up 2016 but only shows 5.3 engine.

Moving forward, that's good news to hear.

When purchased from you "with a tune" can you send with the rear O2's turned off?

You tuned my 2011 Silverado 1500 6.2 so I know the drill regarding logging, however I'm having some exhaust work done and I'd like to not have to look at the Check Engine Light.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

No.. There would be no custom tunes preloaded on it, just the preset canned diablosport tunes that come on it... the custom tune can not come preloaded on it.. tunes are locked/tied to a vehicle's VIN number and engine calibration ID's... so the custom tune has to be created from copies of the tune files that get saved from YOUR vehicle... plus, you can't import the custom tune to the tool unless the tool has the copy of your original backup stock tune saved in itself first anyway.

so you'd need to get the programmer first.. register it and get it all updated to all of the latest updates - then you'd need to install one of the preset tunes to the vehicle - and when it installs the tune, the programmer would save copies of the "original backup" and "last tune written" tune files in itself...

then you'd need to drive it a few days to get at least 150 miles put on it.. and after that you'd need to record the steady driving data log..

once you have that done, you'd export the copies of those tune files and the data log from the tool to your PC's harddrive, and then email them to me...

I have to create the custom tune from copies of the tune files from your vehicle...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net