Best gas in Canada for Diablo tune

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Lawsonity

Best gas in Canada for Diablo tune

Post by Lawsonity »

I've been running the canned 87 tune for a couple weeks in my 2017 5.3 Sierra and I'm looking to switch to the Diablo tune as my tank is getting low. I was planning on running Chevron 94 but now I'm seeing that it isn't even as good as 92 in the States. I really want to run the 93 with the advanced timing and eventually get it tuned by Lew but if our gas up here is really that shitty should I just stick with the 91 to be safe? Hoping someone has gone through this and can give me some insight.
06MonteSS

Re: Best gas in Canada for Diablo tune

Post by 06MonteSS »

should have Esso up there.. Esso is exxon in canada.. mobil, exxon (esso), sunoco, amoco, bp, chevron are usually the best brands to use. don't use shell...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Lawsonity

Post by Lawsonity »

Hey Lew, do these motors run better on 10% ethanol or straight up gasoline? I'll be sure to avoid Shell, thanks.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

10% ethanol is fine, that's what it's setup for stock anyway.. as 99% of gas stations are all e10 anyway nowadays..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net