09 Silverado 1500 5.3L Non AFM Cam

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

wrath39

09 Silverado 1500 5.3L Non AFM Cam

Post by wrath39 »

Hello,

Recently I had my bout with the AFM Lifters in the 5.3L V8. Essentially, the roller seized and wore out the lobe on the camshaft for cylinder 4. I had the shop I took the truck to install the following:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0758 ... UTF8&psc=1

It replaced all the AFM lifters with standard lifters and the cam with a cam that is not AFM (not sure if there is a diff, but I needed one anyway).

I also bought the intune i3 so that I could disable the DOD/AFM and have done so, I only have one issue... idle.

When the truck is under load it runs fine even great but I am having an issue when in park or at a light the truck shakes ever so slightly and the lights dim like the truck is missing on a cylinder. I have thought about doing a tune up on the truck but I'm wondering if the timing could be off by a degree or two and if so how I could go about adjusting it with the i3.

I am completely new to all of this, probably never would have started if I didn't have the engine failure that I did, any help is most appreciated. I've considered pulling all the plugs and replacing them along with the plug wires, I could not afford to replace the coils at this time but I also have no check engine light. There are no codes being thrown by the truck at this point in time not even a misfire.

Thank you for your time and any help you give!
wrath39
mikel

Re: 09 Silverado 1500 5.3L Non AFM Cam

Post by mikel »

you need a custom tune to correct the low rpm timing issues with the aftermarket cam.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
wrath39

Post by wrath39 »

Mikel,

Apologies for the ignorance, I appreciate you getting back to me. How do I go about getting the custom tune? Do I need to take the truck to a shop to have the ECM tuned or do I need to data log the truck and have someone write a tune for the Intune i3?

Thanks!
wrath39
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

www.diablewtune.com

Please send me an email at -- diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com -- with the year, model, engine of your GM vehicle, any mods done to it, what octane gas you use, which diablo tool you have, etc.. and I can send you a loooong email with info about the custom tuning, the process, etc.

Thanks!
-Lew
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
wrath39

Post by wrath39 »

You're the man Lew!

I'll send you that info thanks for your help!
-wrath39