recommended tune 2015 Silverado?

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Stanleyj42

recommended tune 2015 Silverado?

Post by Stanleyj42 »

I just recently bought the I3 and have been playing around, but can seem to get it dialed in and was wondering if folks wouldn't mind sharing how they have their tune setup.

I loved the power of the firm shift, but wasn't a big fan of how hard it actually shifted. So im not real sure how to get the best of both worlds there. Also can you run 87 octane fuel with the diablo tune or is that not recommended? I appreciate any input.
06MonteSS

Re: recommended tune 2015 Silverado?

Post by 06MonteSS »

No, you can't use 87/89 octane gas with the Diablo Tune... the Diablo Tune is a high-octane tune - you have to use 91/93 octane gas with the Diablo Tune...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Stanleyj42

Post by Stanleyj42 »

Thank you. I know that gets asked all the time but I read through post after post and nothing was as direct as that statement. I really appreciate it.
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

I run the Diablo Tune, AFM off, Firm shift trans. tune....I love it.
I thought the trans shifted a little hard also, but give the tune some time to "relearn" what it needs to relearn, and see if after a couple hundred miles if it doesn't do better...or maybe I'm just getting used to it.

So Monte, tell us what would happen if we ran 87 gas with the Diablo tune.
Stanleyj42

Post by Stanleyj42 »

DrDan wrote:I run the Diablo Tune, AFM off, Firm shift trans. tune....I love it.
I thought the trans shifted a little hard also, but give the tune some time to "relearn" what it needs to relearn, and see if after a couple hundred miles if it doesn't do better...or maybe I'm just getting used to it.

So Monte, tell us what would happen if we ran 87 gas with the Diablo tune.
Thanks Doc. I only gave it about 50 miles or so around town before I switched it back to a very similar setup but with out the firm shift. Just being able to turn AFM off was worth the money to me. With the 87 tune and afm off I just did a 400 mile trip and was getting 22 miles to the gallon at one point. I finished at 20.06 by the end of the trip and that was going through small towns along the way. Only 50% highway. Proves that AFM is useless and whatever tweaks get made with the tune are on point! Maybe I will put the firm shift back on and drive back the 400 to see the difference.
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

I bought my truck used in 2016, shortly there after, I bought the i2 just to get rid of the afm ! Hated it. Put a set of cat-back exhaust on and a CAI. Didn't notice much gain, but it sounds great. Also, found out that you can "tweek" all the settings of the canned tune, if you have the time and patiences. You can even adjust the stock tune and transmission settings if you want. Diablew can make you a custom tune also. I tried playing with my tuner, but I found that the canned tune I mentioned earlier makes me happy with the setup, makes my truck run like it should. Mine is a daily driver, I get about 17mpg in town and close to 22 on the highway.

Also...set my idle speed in drive up 50rpm, seems to make it idle smoother in drive at stop lights.
saftyguy

Post by saftyguy »

You can certainly use 87 octane fuel if you installed the 87 Octane tune. If you installed the higher octane tunes, I would strongly encourage you to use the higher octane gas to avoid engine codes that will almost certianly appear.

I personally have installed the 87 Octane tune on my 2015 Sierra 5.3L, Firm shift, AFM disabled, Speed limiter disabled, adjusted tire size and throttle response adjusted. truck runs awesome.