Stuck in recovery mode 2004 Chevy Avalanche 5.3?

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

AfjalKhan

Stuck in recovery mode 2004 Chevy Avalanche 5.3?

Post by AfjalKhan »

2004 Chevy Avalache 5.3 154k miles
Intake/Exhaust

So I just received by i3 flasher/tuner. Tried to get it to flash and took a loooonnng time to get it to connect properly, specifically, I had to keep on turning the key to on/off and cycled it as per the tuner about 10 different times, which took about an hour, I tried plugging and unplugging, then disconnecting the battery and anything and everything until, it finally worked, or so I thought. I set it to do its flash and then did the cycle of the key as per the tuner, and it did its backup, it asked me to cycle the key again and then it froze, and went into recovery mode, which its stuck in now.

I have tried to restore the backup tune as per the tuner, in order to get the device out of "recovery mode", but it getts stuck in" please wait o o o o" nothing has worked, the truck drives fine but no new/ better tune or anything yet.

Please help me get this thing out of Recovery mode so I can install the tune.
Thanku
06MonteSS

Re: Stuck in recovery mode 2004 Chevy Avalanche 5.3?

Post by 06MonteSS »

Anything aftermarket installed in the vehicle? i.e did not come from the factory?

You need to make sure anything aftermarket is disconnected/pull the fuse for - anything like aftermarket stereo, subs, amps, nav, alarm, remote start, seat heaters, trailer brake/light setup, etc.. anything like that, their wiring harnesses need to be disconnected/pull the fuses for it before you try to tune anything...

also make sure everything is turned off inside the truck.. lights, radio, heat/fan/blower, do not operate power windows, put your parking brake on, etc...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net