i2 canned tune question

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

8.Lug

i2 canned tune question

Post by 8.Lug »

Are the canned tunes complete stand-alone tunes or do they simply modify the current variables? I ask because I’m throwing in a bone stock LQ9 while I get my engine rebuilt, I was hoping I can just use one of the canned tunes in my i2 to run it because I know it’s not gonna work with my current big cam tune - and I have no intention on spending hundreds of dollars to get another dyno tune for a temporary engine. I also can’t swap in the stock LQ9 PCM because it’s a red-blue and mine is a blue-green.
06MonteSS

Re: i2 canned tune question

Post by 06MonteSS »

did your truck have the 6.0 lq9 in it stock too? because the preset tunes go by VIN number and engine calibration ID's in the PCM... so you'd have to have the correct PCM for the correct engine, so that it would know what engine it is to it could install the correct preset tune for the right engine...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
8.Lug

Post by 8.Lug »

No it was an L33 but I think that will still be better than my current tune. I’m gonna give it a try.
8.Lug

Post by 8.Lug »

Is it possible to load mail order tunes with the i2? If so, who should I ask for one?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

As long as you have the inTune i2 i2030 version tool, yes a custom tune can be done for it... Use the dealer locator to find a diablosport tuner to contact about doing a tune for that non-stock engine swap... https://www.diablosport.com/dealer-locator/
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net