i3 tuner

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

jack haughton

i3 tuner

Post by jack haughton »

What could cause a failure to download program? My unit has done it 2x now and curious what may cause this can the program be loaded on the tow haul switch and leave the factory tune on the main setting? thanks.
Home of The BluMaru Hounds.
mikel

Re: i3 tuner

Post by mikel »

are you saying its failing to install the tune to the vehicle?
Mike Litsch
Holley Technical Sales Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

jack haughton wrote:can the program be loaded on the tow haul switch and leave the factory tune on the main setting? thanks.
No... that's not how the tow/haul button works... You'd just use the tow/haul button on the dash/lever like you normally would. That just tells the transmission to use different shifting settings, that's all it does. The engine tune does not and can not change at all when you press that button, only the tranny shift points change, that's all it does...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
jack haughton

Post by jack haughton »

Yes it fails to load tune almost finished then message says failed and to reload stock tune.Tried to load 87 tune next day no problems and works fine .Still love the tune and sure makes my LS much nicer to drive.
Home of The BluMaru Hounds.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

need to make sure your truck's battery has a good/full charge... nothing on/running in the truck - i.e. all lights off, radio off, fan/blower off, don't operate power windows or anything, parking brake on (this keeps the daytime running lights off), etc etc... and key has to be turned 2 clicks so that it's in the RUN position (and engine not running)...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net