Board index i2/i3 Technical discussion Ignition updater Stuck checking for updates

Stuck checking for updates

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the Ignition updater software for PC or Mac

Moderator: sohfast94

Post Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:04 pm
Jmo

Maybe I put this in the wrong section? My i2 is stuck checking for updates. It was looping updating everytime I plugged it in, I read a previous thread and deleted the group update in the root directory of the i2. Now when I plug it in it checks for updates and seems to get stuck. Getting alittle frustrated any help would be appreciated, thx.

Post Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:21 pm

so it keeps updating or gets stuck?
I am not sure I follow 100%
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:40 pm
Jmo

It basically just saying "checking for and installing updates". But don't seem to get past it.

Post Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:00 pm

how long are you letting it run? if you haven't done updates in a while, there could be a lot of them, and some of them are big.. so could take a whiiiiiile.. just leave it connected to your pc and let it run, let it do it's thing..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

Post Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:02 pm

Is there any info on the details of the update?

Post Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:16 am
garrett User avatar
Site Admin

delete the file in the drive labeled "Group Update", then head to the vehicle and begin tuning.

Post Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:27 pm
Jmo

OK I let sit for quite awhile checking and installing updates, but it never went nowhere. When I plug it in it shows the title screen then goes straight to "checking/installing updates" I deleted the group update from the root directory. I'm stuck not sure what to do. I mean how long is a long time to update, I just updated like a week ago so I'm not that out of date I wouldn't think. Any suggestions?

Post Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:41 am
Jmo

I take it nobody has any ideas? I left it plugged in for about 30 or 40 min and it was still just says "checking/installing updates" and I can't get it to do anything else. Getting alittle frustrated and I guess I'm gonna have to send it back? Or what do u think?

Post Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:55 am

Jmo wrote:
I take it nobody has any ideas? I left it plugged in for about 30 or 40 min and it was still just says "checking/installing updates" and I can't get it to do anything else. Getting alittle frustrated and I guess I'm gonna have to send it back? Or what do u think?

please post the current info.xml file from the i2 drive.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:14 pm
Jmo

This is my newest xml
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:58 pm

Mine is having the same issue, will not leave the "Please wait" Checking/Installing Updates screen

Return to Ignition updater