Never in all my Harley tuning years

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the Ignition updater software for PC or Mac

Moderator: sohfast94

twedlake

Never in all my Harley tuning years

Post by twedlake »

Been tuning Harley's for years with TTS, DirectLink, SERT, SEPST, PowerCommander, PowerVision and I can honestly say I have never seen a device like this. Just got it Friday, 5-26 and for $360+ I truly expected this to work out of the box for the VERY simplistic needs I have (turn off DoD crap and throw in the stock 87 octane tune, nothing more). I have no desire nor was it ever my intent to spend countless hours as I do tuning bikes in tuning my truck or worse; trying to get the tuning device to work.

1) I open the box to find the ferrite core for the OBD2 to data port cable apart in the box
2) There was a protective plastic cover on the front of the unit but it's abundantly clear this is a used/re-furbed unit in that there are scratches on the back of the unit and someone's greasy fingerprints all over on it.
3) WIFI updates don't work from the device
4) Ignition software updates don't work
5) No way to tell what software is on the device compared to what the latest version of software actually is (can't find that information on the site either)
6) See the same issues that chrisinAR is seeing below in trying to update via the ignition software
7) In addition I have this issue when trying to update over ANY wifi connection from the device itself - "updater failed to Download: Timeout was reached"

I have no patience or tolerance for manufacturers that throw a product out the door with barely any support for it and combined with the mentality of Microsoft in bestowing upon us, your paying customers, the honorary privilege of finding all the problems with your device and associated software as is made apparent by the threads I see here. Just wish I would have read more reviews and posts on this site before deciding to order this device.

You'll be getting an RMA request today for this device.
mikel

Re: Never in all my Harley tuning years

Post by mikel »

Im sure there is a simple resolution to this issue, and we'd be glad to help you get it sorted out. Please feel free to give us a call with the tool powered up at the PC and we'll get it going quickly.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
twedlake

Post by twedlake »

mikel wrote:Im sure there is a simple resolution to this issue, and we'd be glad to help you get it sorted out. Please feel free to give us a call with the tool powered up at the PC and we'll get it going quickly.

Thanks
Just an update to the post I made.

After a few emails back and forth with Mike and a few tests of my own, all issues have been satisfactorily resolved except WIFI but Mike did forward on the WIFI issues to their dev/server team for further research. Being that updates can be done within the Ignition software, the wifi is not of critical importance (at least not to me) but most certainly still important so they'll update us on that issue.
thumbsup.png

Thanks again Mike,
Todd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
twedlake

Post by twedlake »

twedlake wrote:
mikel wrote:Im sure there is a simple resolution to this issue, and we'd be glad to help you get it sorted out. Please feel free to give us a call with the tool powered up at the PC and we'll get it going quickly.

Thanks
Just an update to the post I made.

After a few emails back and forth with Mike and a few tests of my own, all issues have been satisfactorily resolved except WIFI but Mike did forward on the WIFI issues to their dev/server team for further research. Being that updates can be done within the Ignition software, the wifi is not of critical importance (at least not to me) but most certainly still important so they'll update us on that issue.
thumbsup.png
and a further update. The wifi issue is resolved.

Thanks Mike

Thanks again Mike,
Todd
Iceman44

Post by Iceman44 »

I too have been tuning Harley's for years. I have the I3 and just spent about 2 hours on the phone with Diablo tech service, just to get it to work. I cannot see but, 1 advanced tune-91 octane. I can only modify tire size, traction control and speed limiter. I do not have all the functions advertised. Where is the MDS disable?, the 87 Octane tune, the 93 Octane tune, the throttle boost? I am accustomed to Vance and Hines, SERT, Thunder Max and Fuel Moto. I am right now very disappointed with my I3. Tech service was good, but I work stupid hours 2pm-2am. The device definitely worked with the 91 octane tune and the tranny tune. Where are the other features?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Iceman44 wrote:I too have been tuning Harley's for years. I have the I3 and just spent about 2 hours on the phone with Diablo tech service, just to get it to work. I cannot see but, 1 advanced tune-91 octane. I can only modify tire size, traction control and speed limiter. I do not have all the functions advertised. Where is the MDS disable?, the 87 Octane tune, the 93 Octane tune, the throttle boost? I am accustomed to Vance and Hines, SERT, Thunder Max and Fuel Moto. I am right now very disappointed with my I3. Tech service was good, but I work stupid hours 2pm-2am. The device definitely worked with the 91 octane tune and the tranny tune. Where are the other features?
sounds like you are in the easy tune menu, go to advanced to see all the tunes and click modify parameters to see all the adjustments.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Iceman44

Post by Iceman44 »

I'm good to go, I was missing a step. Everything is there, now I'm happy as a pig in mud. :D