Ignition will not install

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the Ignition updater software for PC or Mac

Moderator: sohfast94

fwdperf

Ignition will not install

Post by fwdperf »

My first experience with the i3 on a SRT4 is not going well. I plugged it into the car and it told me it did not recognize the vehicle type and needed some updating. I unpluuged it an plugged it into my laptop. It installed itself as new hardware without issue. I browsed to the windows update folder and ran the .bat file. this kicked off a process that downloaded an installer. After downloading I ran the software which failed after sometime. I read the .log file and also found .html log that made it apparent my laptop would not be compatible with the software. My tuning laptop is Windows XP SP3 and does not support .Net Framework 4.5.2. I guess I have to keep a laptop for all of my tuning software that does not run in the newer OS versions, and purchase another laptop just for the i3 stuff. I'm assuming Chipmaster still works but again, I guess I'll have to move that to the new laptop, which itself is not something done eaisly when working in non business hours. So much for tuning this car that's just been strapped to the dyno. :( I did manage to connect the i3 to our Wi-Fi and went through some updating. However, I plugged it into the car about 20 minutes ago and its still "Checking / Installing updates" WTH!
mikel

Re: Ignition will not install

Post by mikel »

can you post the info file from the device?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
fwdperf

Post by fwdperf »

I opened a different thread concerning the update loop and attached the info.xml file. As for Ignition, I was able to get it installed on a Windows10 laptop and it seems its only purpose is to install updates and/or add licenses. All my other questions related to software compatibility have been answered.
compactmotor

Post by compactmotor »

iface the same problem ,when you double click the icon in desktop on my Win 10 laptop ,it didn't run