i3 indicates ECU needs update - connect to ignition??

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the Ignition updater software for PC or Mac

Moderator: sohfast94

06MonteSS

Re: i3 indicates ECU needs update - connect to ignition??

Post by 06MonteSS »

Yep, normal.. 2017/2018/2019 vehicles require a special unlock sequence... so what will happen is, when you go to install a tune the first time, the tool will give you a message that "one or more controllers can not be tuned - Contacting powertech for vehicle unlock... you will be notified within 1-2 days" - or something similar to that effect.. so then in 1-2 days (usually within an hour though) you should receive an email (if you registered your tool on diablo's site) that your update is ready.. so then you'd run the Ignition Updater on the tool again, and it will update the tool with the unlock code for your ECM, and then you'd be able to tune the vehicle.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
NemesisC5

Re: i3 indicates ECU needs update - connect to ignition??

Post by NemesisC5 »

06MonteSS wrote:Yep, normal.. 2017/2018/2019 vehicles require a special unlock sequence... so what will happen is, when you go to install a tune the first time, the tool will give you a message that "one or more controllers can not be tuned - Contacting powertech for vehicle unlock... you will be notified within 1-2 days" - or something similar to that effect.. so then in 1-2 days (usually within an hour though) you should receive an email (if you registered your tool on diablo's site) that your update is ready.. so then you'd run the Ignition Updater on the tool again, and it will update the tool with the unlock code for your ECM, and then you'd be able to tune the vehicle.
Thanks Lew. On another note, I'll be contacting you in the next few weeks for custom tune after I install CAI and possibly exhaust mod.