updater doesn't show vehicle info

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the Ignition updater software for PC or Mac

Moderator: sohfast94

buicksuper08

updater doesn't show vehicle info

Post by buicksuper08 »

My ignition updater after I connect my i3 doesn't show my tune or my vehicle's vin # on the display.
IS this because the lacrosse super isn't "officially" supported by the Diablo?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
just a newb here who's never tune a fuel injected car before. A relic from years long passed when tuning was done with a few turns of a carb screw and few inches on the distributor and smelling the exhaust and listening to valves tap under heavy load.
mikel

Re: updater doesn't show vehicle info

Post by mikel »

is the vehicle currently tuned?
Post the info.xml file from the i3 drive please.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
buicksuper08

Post by buicksuper08 »

yes it has your 91 tune currently installed. But I was telling Lew it still sounds like its dropping into 4clyinder mode but I can't tell for sure as mine doesn't have the little light that its sister cars the imapala ss and gxp shows when it drops down to afm mode.
How to I bring up xml file?
just a newb here who's never tune a fuel injected car before. A relic from years long passed when tuning was done with a few turns of a carb screw and few inches on the distributor and smelling the exhaust and listening to valves tap under heavy load.
buicksuper08

Post by buicksuper08 »

Sorry it took me a minute of digging around but I finally figured out how to access the tune file in xml format.

Let me know if you can tell if the afm is disabled

Also, maybe not i3 related but I have noticed when I plug the device into my car's OBD port, my car's hvac, and radio control lights will "flash" when plugging it in and removing it. Bad or loose wire on the obd port?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FRANK121

Post by FRANK121 »

Mine is doing the same thing?

Vehicle has been tuned and even has a custom tune loaded. It shows the VIN on the i3 but not the Updater?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Nothing to be concerned with here.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com