Predator P2 Platinum Questions/Problems

Discuss Predator 2 for Chrysler vehicles

Moderator: sohfast94

watssm

Predator P2 Platinum Questions/Problems

Post by watssm »

Have a 2010 Charger with police package 5.7.

Just bought a brand new P2 Platinum.
X00011200
Updated the tuner online.
Uploaded a 93 tune.
I'm running 95 octane
180 thermostat
K&N CAI

I see no way to adjust transmission shift points.

Quick tune offers tire size only.

Haven't had any performance gain. Still running 9.4 ish at our local 1/8 mile track after installing "93 octane tune."

I've spent hours messing with every parameter and it appears all this thing does is increase idle RPM.

I've run three updates on it using three different computers and have reinstalled the 93 tune countless times. Did I get a defective unit?

Any advice or pointers would be appreciated.
mikel

Re: Predator P2 Platinum Questions/Problems

Post by mikel »

Where are you located that you have 95 octane?
Any changes in trap speed?
Thats where you'll measure HP gains as opposed to ET which is traction dependent.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
watssm

Re: Predator P2 Platinum Questions/Problems

Post by watssm »

I live in Idaho Falls, ID. We have a 110 octane pump at the track. Most cars in sportsman class mix down to 94/95/96 from 110. I’m running Hoosier QTs and have absolute zero tire spin off the line.

Regardless,

I bought the P2 Platinum because the following features were advertised on the website:

Eliminate downshifting when climbing hills Speedometer correction for changes in tire size and gear ratio*

There is no where to adjust tire size or gear ratio on my unit running a 93 tune.

Adjust speed & rev limiters*

My choices here are stock or raised. Raised to what? Is the rev limit set to 6000, 6500, 6800? Who knows?

Tuning for shift points, shift firmness, & TQ management*

There is no where to adjust shift points, shift firmness, or TQ management on my unit running a 93 tune.

Is this all behind the scenes and I'm supposed to take Diablosports word the magic blue box is working? Again, at the track I have realized zero performance improvements. Again, is it possible I bought a lemon unit?

I'd be happy to try what ever you guys advise. Send me some drivers, send me a patch, let's try a different unit. I'm open for suggestions.