MDS not turning off, some settings missing?

Discuss Predator 2 for Chrysler vehicles

Moderator: sohfast94

SCMRoman

MDS not turning off, some settings missing?

Post by SCMRoman »

I recently bought a Predator 2 (7310) for my 2010 Chrysler 300C 5.7L, I installed the Diablo 91 Oct tune, I chose MDS disabled and the stock +20% throttle booster. After it was done installing and I followed all the prompts on screen I went for a quick drive and noticed that the ECO light on the dash was still coming on. I got home and redid the 91 tune and verified that I had choosen MDS disabled and went for another drive and had the same results. I also don't have any options to change the rev limiter or shift points. Did I do something wrong? Or are these features not available for my vehicle?
LawsEdge

Re: MDS not turning off, some settings missing?

Post by LawsEdge »

Good luck on resolving this. Did you see my post prior to yours? Cant even get a straight answer from tech on why I don't have a 89 tune or what "Raised Value" means when trying to adjust certain parameters. This tuner in my opinion is not a good fit for our 2005-2010 300C. Unless someone can chime in with more info, mine is going back very soon. :(
SCMRoman

Post by SCMRoman »

Thanks I hope I can get it resolved, I read a lot of good reviews about it on some forums, but I'm new to tuning. My last vehicle had one tuner I could find and it worked excellently and I never touched it again. I bought the Predator 2 Platinum because I plan on getting a custom from Diablotoona for it soon but was excited to play with it and went ahead and slapped the canned tune on it asap. Hopefully you'll get your issues resolved soon.
mikel

Post by mikel »

ECO mode is not MDS, and vice versa.
ECO mode means, for lack of a better term, that you are not driving hard enough :)
It just means you are being light on the throttle.
You can see it at low as like 5 mph, but you can by no means engage MDS at that speed.
MDS is off if you turned it off, ECO is a different thing entirely.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
SCMRoman

Post by SCMRoman »

Okay that makes sense. I have noticed that I no longer see the Eco light on the dash at highway speeds, I just wasn't sure if that meant MDS was active. My next question is the rev limiter and setting shift points. I don't see these options when I select my tune. Are those options available on the Predator 2 (PN 7310)