2004 Duramax 6.6 lb7 temp gauge out of wack after tune

Discuss Predator 2 for GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

jut619

2004 Duramax 6.6 lb7 temp gauge out of wack after tune

Post by jut619 »

Hello guys new to the forum.
I installed the predator diablo economy tune on a chevy 2004 lb7 (7203), everything was working perfect gauges were good, noticed a big difference in throttle response and shifts. Today i went and ran the tow performance tune, drove it around the block and noticed the temp gauge was reading over 300. I instantly turned off the truck and now the gauge is way out of wack, meaning the needle is pointing downward not even on the temp numbers. i reinstalled the stock tune, gauge still pointing downwards, installed the economy tune back and still the temp needle is still pointed downward. The needle does move but its pointing downward almost if the gauge is turned upside down. is there anybody else with this problem or does anybody know how to fix the needle? i dont think the truck is running hot at all, just the gauge is way off.
mikel

Re: 2004 Duramax 6.6 lb7 temp gauge out of wack after tune

Post by mikel »

I have seen all sorts of weird issues with LB7 IPC (instrument panel clusters), it snot uncommon for them to need to be rebuilt or replaced.
I would says its just a coincidence that it happened after a flash as the tune does nothing with the cluster itself.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
jut619

Post by jut619 »

Hmm that’s odd. It’s a 2004 with barely 30k miles on it. Been sitting in a garage for around 8 years. All gauges were fine until I downloaded a tune to it. So everything should be okay as far as the temps?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

"Been sitting in a garage for around 8 years".... heh.... yeah, because nothing could go wrong with wires, wiring insulation, electronics, etc. while just sitting for 8 years... (moisture, rodents, dry-rot, etc.)
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Post by mikel »

I just did a quick search on duramax ipc issues and got pages of results, I promise you this is a known and common issue on these trucks, and unfortunately coincidental that it happened same time you loaded the tune.

Temps should be the same as they were prior to the tune for sure.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
jut619

Post by jut619 »

i got a buddy who owns a collision and repair business. i had him do all the necessary flushes and anything with connection issues were fixed. ill take it in to him and have him reset it. thanks for the replies..