1999 - 2000 silvarado tunes

Discuss Predator 2 for GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

morganboss05

1999 - 2000 silvarado tunes

Post by morganboss05 »

i just bought a 5.3 ls truck and i need a tune for it it came with a diablosport 2 please can some one help me with tuning
06MonteSS

Re: 1999 - 2000 silvarado tunes

Post by 06MonteSS »

connect it to the truck and select a tune to install, and install/apply it...

Anything aftermarket installed in the vehicle? i.e did not come from the factory?

You need to make sure anything aftermarket is disconnected/pull the fuse for - anything like aftermarket stereo, subs, amps, nav, alarm, remote start, seat heaters, trailer brake/light setup, etc.. anything like that, their wiring harnesses need to be disconnected/pull the fuses for it before you try to tune anything...

also make sure everything is turned off inside the truck.. lights, radio, heat/fan/blower, do not operate power windows, put your parking brake on, etc...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
morganboss05

Post by morganboss05 »

06MonteSS wrote:connect it to the truck and select a tune to install, and install/apply it...

Anything aftermarket installed in the vehicle? i.e did not come from the factory?

You need to make sure anything aftermarket is disconnected/pull the fuse for - anything like aftermarket stereo, subs, amps, nav, alarm, remote start, seat heaters, trailer brake/light setup, etc.. anything like that, their wiring harnesses need to be disconnected/pull the fuses for it before you try to tune anything...

also make sure everything is turned off inside the truck.. lights, radio, heat/fan/blower, do not operate power windows, put your parking brake on, etc...

i know that i was wondering if anyone had a tune to improve throttle response and and acceleration
mikel

Post by mikel »

the preloaded tunes will do what you are looking for...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Patrick20

Post by Patrick20 »

What happens if you operate heater or open/close doors or windows
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

it will create a voltage drop and interrupt the tool in the middle of flashing/installing the tune and could brick your ecm
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net