Board index Trinity 2 T2 for Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram T2 wideband inputs

T2 wideband inputs

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:51 am

mikel wrote:
initial option will be a 0-5 analog input for EAS that you can connect and configure any Wideband to work with, as long ass it has an analog output. Eventually we'll offer our own WB as well.
I starting to do some EAS testing and documentation for T2 this week :)

Not sure what to believe... I talked to tech support yesterday and they told me you guys were having a horrible time trying to get eas working and that the engineers have been trying since march 2018 to get it working.

The guy I talk to there all the time seems to know a lot of what he is talking about with the development side of things.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:05 pm

Got a name?
Honestly, nobody in tech support is up to speed on where EAS testing is, and its now in my lap for finalizing validation and documentation.
Let me say this...its 100% done. Its not going out the door until we beat it up and make sure it behaves as we'd expect, but the project is done, EAS is implemented, and we're in the home stretch with getting this added to T2.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:51 am

mikel wrote:
Got a name?
Honestly, nobody in tech support is up to speed on where EAS testing is, and its now in my lap for finalizing validation and documentation.
Let me say this...its 100% done. Its not going out the door until we beat it up and make sure it behaves as we'd expect, but the project is done, EAS is implemented, and we're in the home stretch with getting this added to T2.

So is this ready for release? I regret selling my i2 to for the T2 , I went half the race season unable to log AFR last year. I have a test and tune March 1st followed by a race on the 2nd. It would be nice if I can get my hands on this before hand to setup it up!

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:01 pm

Its so close. I currently have the EAS test apps loaded to my T2 and have been using it. I have a Wideband coming this week and will share some video as soon as I have that going, but everything works as expected. There are also preconfigured settings for several popular widebands and any of our EAS devices like EGT and temp or pressure sensors are plug and play. Switch control is there and functioning, its super cool.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:39 pm

Testing is going great.

We have a bunch of preconfigured scaling options for various popular widebands, and any of our sensors.

I have a WB on my desk, will get it connected on the bench Monday and try to get a quick vid showing the input on the device.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:07 pm

mikel wrote:
Testing is going great.

We have a bunch of preconfigured scaling options for various popular widebands, and any of our sensors.

I have a WB on my desk, will get it connected on the bench Monday and try to get a quick vid showing the input on the device.

Any new word yet Mike?

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:13 am

Well it’s been a week since you last posted, do you think I’ll have a way to log AFR by next weekend? Worst case scenario I’ll have the adapter overnighted to my hotel so I can log during my test and race day.

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:02 pm

Well, I dont want to get ahead of myself, but...here goes.

My understanding is that the updates to enable this will go live early next week.

You can order the EAS accessories anytime from the Superchips or Edge websites or by calling in. (Will go live on the Diablosport site soon)

Once the update goes live, you connect them up and go....it works awesome.
You'll want the 0-5V analog input kit.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:11 pm

So we want to order “EAS UNIVERSAL SENSOR INPUT (5 Volt) - 98605” correct? So we can wire everything up and be on standby for the update ? This is great news if true

Post Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:17 pm

Also wondering exactly what I should order. I was about to buy a wideband and put a cam in my truck but I want to see what happens here first.

Post Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:40 am

Correct, 98605 is what you need.

If you get it all set up and it hasn't been released yet, let me know and I will target your device for the updates.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:56 pm

mikel wrote:
Correct, 98605 is what you need.

If you get it all set up and it hasn't been released yet, let me know and I will target your device for the updates.

Thanks

I Had previously ran an aux cable from my wideband to the i2. I assume if I splice that cable to get my sensor signal to the yellow wire on the EAS. do I still need a power and ground for the EAS to work properly?

Post Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:24 am

you need to connect both leads from the analog cable to the EAS pigtail. Signal wire (3rd one) does not need to be used.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:09 pm

Will we be able to stream wideband information from EAS to data viewer, i'm wanted to include dual wideband info in my tuning logs?

Post Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:20 pm

So wait, how are we supposed to wire the widebands up? The EAS instructions stated to put the power, ground, and signal to each of their respective inputs.

I'm using a PLX wideband that has three wires, power, ground, and signal so I just wired them straight to the EAS. Is this not correct?

I can't seem to get anything to show up on the T2. I updated it and there is a selection on the main menu for EAS, but it just says to go to Diablosport.com and get the EAS accessories there.

PreviousNext

Return to T2 for Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram