a revisit to my intune 2

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

n3omatrix

a revisit to my intune 2

Post by n3omatrix »

Well after using the intune 2 for a while and not being satisfied with many things(too many things) , i thought maybe it needs to mature software wise and put it on a shelf in favor of other tuning options. There it sat for a couple of years, while i have many other complaints about it, there was still some redemption to be had if the software and tunes matured enough to be of serious use.

As i write this i am sitting in my car ( after returning it to stock of course and updating the many updates to the tuner) loading a tune for the second time as the tuner faulted the first time and screwing it up. Hoping that the time i am using (not gonna include the money spent on a shelved tuner) that i am somehow gonna be blown away by some aspect of it, like options or performance. I have checked the forums many time for options i would like to see, because i like the form factor, but that is hardly a selling point, alas i either see no, or it is coming, or it is coming for a year before it turns to no. I like the people i run with and am thinking that with some of our mods and mechanically inclined (or just mechanics) that a you tube channel might be fun. A few of us have bought a few different Diablo products but find ourselves all in agreement that we cannot recommend this to anyone that isn't a soccer mom with a minivan or white sunglasses audi driver who knows nothing, and even then not for the prive tag that comes with it. Even if the custom tuning software was opened to the public it would at least get you guys back in the game. As it stands now though, i just don't come close to feeling like this is legit at all, and more than a huge disappointment. I am not writing this because i wanna trash, and if you want clarity or a list of complaints i will be happy to provide them, cause i would like to see more options out there for good tuners , or have less people disappointed. The Mods on here seem like wonderful people who generally love cars and want to help, but even the best of intentions can have their hands tied. well it is done now, and there is no more options and no more performance to be had... obviously still not stable ... gonna try traction control off but i fear that will still cause the wheel sensors to cause a glitch and put the car into limp mode. So back to the shelf or probably now just resell and try to get some money back.
mikel

Re: a revisit to my intune 2

Post by mikel »

We're always interested in feedback from users.
Let us know what you feel its missing for sure.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
n3omatrix

Post by n3omatrix »

awesome , well i will start with the obvious, the tuner off the bat (maybe fixed by now) had some stability issues of getting stuck in a boot loop, if rather than everyone sending them to you, you explained the problem and how to fix it ..ie..how i fixed mine... plug and unplug a usb power source while pressing that reset you can get it out of that boot loop and carry on...not fun but it can be done, and if they can't send it back... i use this as an example because the software would probably be a little more advanced if it wasn't being programmed with fear of triggering events like this... but this is only opinion, the othe problem is not giving people enough credit... one size fits all will never work because what you guys gain in easy to use market you lose in high end...but like i said opinion...the problems are what your here for... i would like to see more advanced features into Torque management and turning off sensors like wheel bearing and O2 , this would be of great benifit with Traction control (or a fix on some vehicles for that setting specifically....or even bringing in a little more open modding, the canned is fine for some and that is all some want, but not all of us want to go to a shop for a tune, some of us are tweakers, and you guys do come up a little short, i realize you guys are trying to play it safe, i do get it...but is it a tuning computer or maybe just a delivery system to send out canned tunes for the masses? not trying to be ignorant, just as many advantages u can give the die hards...kinda sells the product...ya know...um.. mass air or temp air modification... i will put more as i think of them...thanx for the consideration and letting me voice.
mikel

Post by mikel »

These requests make sense but are not always feasible.

Things like O2 sensors or any emissions control devices will never be accessible through a consumer based product unless the manufacturer of that product wishes to pay millions of dollars in fines to the EPA/CARB. Not cool, but facts.
Wheel speed sensors, not part of the pcm or tcm which we focus on in these vehicles. Adding more modules adds complexity and cost.
Things like more access to TM, again just not something that can be done. Most of the TM in todays cars is based on multiple tables and modifiers, rather then the old method of a switch for on/off. Mapping that stuff to be useful in a simple handlheld device is not realistic unfortunately.

We offer the absolute most end user adjustment of any handheld tuner to ever exist. I am incredibly confident in stating that.
Anything beyond what we offer already, is just too complicated on the pcm side to give simple user control of through the device interface. At some point you have to move past the handheld and move to a full tuning suite which gives you all the access you could ever need, but the level of knowledge required to successfully navigate and use that software is up there. Thats why we sell it to professional tuning shops, and once you reach the limits of what the handheld can do on its own, you move to a custom tune, using the same device ;)

I am not sure what kind of boot issues you are reporting or running into. They are not common to hear so if its still happening I would like to know more.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
n3omatrix

Post by n3omatrix »

The boot issues was that the computer rebooted after loading a tune a couple years ago, and never came back on, screen would light up, but not load the splash screen. Ok full tuning suites exist, with the same price tags as what you offer for your handheld, which was some of my complaint in the original post. wheel bearing speed is not adjusted through pcm? c'mon, torque management? it seems like your tryin to bs your way through this.Buy our product that barely loads canned tunes properly and can't fully tune ,but if you want more ,buy our full suite to load with an already proven many times to be unstable(check youtube) handheld for way more money than it is worth and should be included. Cash grab in the worst way, can't modify a custom tune, this is the worst...but honestly my tuning needs are being met now, so how upset am i gonna get.... you keep unlocking the latest and greatest vehicles as a cash grab, while others actually tune vehicle. eventually more and more people will wake up to your bs. I know this not personally your fault and you have been fed this marketing bull to regurgitate, it's just frustrating that you guys coulda been better....by the time your full suite drops in price to win back at home users....it will be too late cause i now know this isn't changing and stick with the other company...have a good day sir.
mikel

Post by mikel »

I cant get behind your theory here.
Many of your statements don't add up to me at all.

We keep unlocking the latest vehicles but others actually tune them?
What do you mean?

Just so you are fully aware, we offer the best selling handheld tuners on the planet.
More and more people are finding what we offer to be exactly what they are after :)

If what we offer does not meet your needs, I understand and wish you the best with your other solution.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
n3omatrix

Post by n3omatrix »

Ok let's call it as it is, best handheld on the planet? Well that's not only a marketing term as a way to sell it, but I have disbelief. You pray on the ignorance of people who do not know any better, and accept a set of canned tunes as opposed to doing it themselves, and I can accept that, but hardly constitutes a tuner. For the more advanced crowd you push your cmr software on shops to support that, rather than offer affordable solutions to the end user. Your whole setup is engineered towards being as greedy as possible and taking easy cash from the culture of tuners. So if you want the title of best handheld that is fine, but I can say you are not the best tuning on the planet. Yes you could offer more abilities to the tuner or offer an affordable software suite, your company chooses not to. Yes I am pleased with my other solution, and wish you have access to all my tables...good luck with your hand held. I was looking to improve this product, but now I am sure it was a waste of time.
mikel

Post by mikel »

What I actually said, was we offer the best selling tuners on the planet. Thats a fact. Not marketing hype.

We aren't preying on anyone in any way. We offer a great value for what you get.
Greedy would be selling anyone off the streets a full tuning suite and letting them figure it out while blowing up a few motors in the process. No thanks.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
n3omatrix

Post by n3omatrix »

So your telling me that there is no way to set up a table for reductions in TC and TM and translate it to your GUI on the handheld? It sure seems like you did it with spark and fuel ratios. If you want to know more about my issues with the handheld it was back in my messages, I am relatively sure it was a bootloader issues but the answer I see commonly here of send it back ,is very frequent, I found it unacceptable so I fixed it myself.. I would be lying to say that I am not disappointed by your responses but not entirely surprised and stand behind my statements. However I no longer wish to argue as I have other options that perform better, I was just hopeful to retry it and hopeful to make changes in the scene as just about everyone reps the other guy... at least what i see. If the bootloader has an issue(still) , I may try to recreate it and let you know, as long as it is of no use to me...take care.