T2 Battery Drain on 2018 Dodge Charger

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Combatvet

T2 Battery Drain on 2018 Dodge Charger

Post by Combatvet »

Every since I installed the T2 it continuously drains my battery, even after installing a new AGM battery. Why isn't there a way to power this unit off? I leave it on the gauges screen like Diablo told me to, and it still drains the battery. HELP!!
Dragon23

Re: T2 Battery Drain on 2018 Dodge Charger

Post by Dragon23 »

Make sure your HMI connecter is good and snug, I almost had a similar situation the other day, I bumped it and even though the key was off it booted up, it maybe sensed a power cycle. It would not turn back off until I turned on ac. Or ignition, and then powered off, and when I opened the door, which cuts the 12 volt. It shut down and stayed down, the connection was sloppy, and I corrected fortunately before a dead battery.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Any aftermarket electronics in the car?
I have had a T2 in my 17 Charger since I got it and never had an issue...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Combatvet

Post by Combatvet »

I have a Blackvue dashcam but it automatically goes into sleep mode after the car is turned off. Other than that no other electronics.

I do ensure its on the "gauges" screen when I exit the vehicle. At times the gauge screen will freeze and not accurately display the gauge information.

There really needs to be an shutoff feature or button.
mikel

Post by mikel »

if it snot shutting off on its own, its likely something related to some changes in the vehicle, as this is not something we see complaints of regularly.

There are OBDII cable out there that have a built in on/off switch, you may want to look into one of them?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com