tuner for 2018 sierra 1500 denali 6.2

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

HackitZ

tuner for 2018 sierra 1500 denali 6.2

Post by HackitZ »

Hi all.
I have a 2018 sierra 1500 Denali with the 6.2. still under warranty.
I'm looking at 2 tuners, the INTUNE 3 PLATINUM and the TRINITY 2 (T2 EX) PLATINUM.

other than having a video screen with the trinity 2, whats the difference?
also with the trinity 2 anyone have any custom install pics. i really don't want it on my windshield.

I read to remove tune and go back to stock before bringing the truck to the dealer. will this 100% not mess up my warranty? will they know?

I also have the pedal commander, can both be used? or is having both kinda redundant?

TNX
mikel

Re: tuner for 2018 sierra 1500 denali 6.2

Post by mikel »

HackitZ wrote:Hi all.
I have a 2018 sierra 1500 Denali with the 6.2. still under warranty.
I'm looking at 2 tuners, the INTUNE 3 PLATINUM and the TRINITY 2 (T2 EX) PLATINUM.

other than having a video screen with the trinity 2, whats the difference?
also with the trinity 2 anyone have any custom install pics. i really don't want it on my windshield.

I read to remove tune and go back to stock before bringing the truck to the dealer. will this 100% not mess up my warranty? will they know?

I also have the pedal commander, can both be used? or is having both kinda redundant?

TNX
other than having a video screen with the trinity 2, whats the difference? The difference is monitoring capability

also with the trinity 2 anyone have any custom install pics. i really don't want it on my windshield. I have seen several installs in the center console or overhead console.

I read to remove tune and go back to stock before bringing the truck to the dealer. will this 100% not mess up my warranty? will they know? Our devices are the ONLY ones that the dealer cant see even if you go in with the tune loaded.

I also have the pedal commander, can both be used? or is having both kinda redundant? Both can be used, but the tuner offers throttle adjust as well.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

I always tell people, if you're worried about the warranty, don't mod. Although legally they cannot void anything for modding, some manufacturers, or especially dealers, like to try to. Then you get caught up with possible legal fees and all the other bullshit, which can get pricey. Gotta pay to play. If you aren't prepared to deal with it, or possibly pay for your own repairs, don't mod. Personally, I relish it. I LOVE it when they give me shit. Gives me a chance to show them up, and make sure it never happens again.
Only time it sucks is when you really have no option with other dealers, because when you show them up, you are absolutely going to burn your bridge with that dealer. Thats what I'm having issues with right now. My three closest BMW dealers are all the same dealer, with different locations (Fields), so burning the bridge with one, would burn it with all of them, and screw me over. So when they started with the mod issue, I just paid the bill.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
HackitZ

Post by HackitZ »

yeah im not worried enough about warranty. i want the power
HackitZ

Post by HackitZ »

With the Trinity 2 can you adjust settings or tunes on the fly. not driving just when parked.
Also saw a few videos, has the screen freezing been fixed? Saw it can freeze after using remote start, normal starting stopping.
Tnx
mikel

Post by mikel »

No tuning on the fly...
Freezing issues are long gone, you should not have any issues there.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
HackitZ

Post by HackitZ »

do you guys have the ability to grab info from the truck and do custom tunes?
also do i need to do anything to the tranny to unlock it?
mikel

Post by mikel »

custom tuning is handled through our cmr tuners, they can do it via email no problem.
No options for unlocking the TCM unfortunately.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com