Looking for a Hemi 5.7 Sidewinder cam

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

RecoilFreak

Looking for a Hemi 5.7 Sidewinder cam

Post by RecoilFreak »

Does anyone know if you can still get a sidewinder cam? If not, is there something comparable that's not $600? I am rebuilding my 2007 hemi 5.7 this next week, and would like to throw a cam at it while it is apart. Thanks!
RecoilFreak

Re: Looking for a Hemi 5.7 Sidewinder cam

Post by RecoilFreak »

Looks like the sidewinder is no longer sold. I have a 2007 Ram SLT ThunderRoad 4 door 4x4 with 35x12.50-18's. I do not want to change my converter, but I plan on changing to 6.1 springs and pushrods (a must for just about any cam on these engines, I believe). I have a DiabloSport Intune i3 that I will be using. I plan installing pacesetter long tubes with torque tubes, removing cats and resonator, and using flowmaster 40's. I know everyone likes to point to Spartan/Inertia/Arrington/etc... but they all want $600 for their cams. I am also going to have to pay for a tune (I heard Johan with Diablo is the man to go to for the tune), and I'm on a seriously tight budget. If anyone could suggest a good all around cam like the sidewinder was purported to be, I would greatly appreciate it. Keep in mind this is a lifted truck - not a charger or challenger. Less torque would be disastrous. Thanks!