2019 Silverado New Body style tune!!!

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

frankPleto

2019 Silverado New Body style tune!!!

Post by frankPleto »

Very sad day for me!!! I purchased a 2019 Silverado 1500 RST; I put a Corsa CAI & Magnaflow cat back Quad tip exhaust on it, and I want so bad to tune & disable the V8 to v4 BS, so I order the Diablo inTune i3 programmer hopping to accomplish that.. I get home today to see a package at the door, i'm so excited . Update the programmer on my PC before the install; go to my truck to apply application, only to find out that there is no tune yet available for the 2019 new body style :evil: wtf!!! .. I called customer support & all they said is they are working on it & they were having a tough time cracking into the 2019's. they said hopefully in the next month or so wtf......
06MonteSS

Re: 2019 Silverado New Body style tune!!!

Post by 06MonteSS »

Nope.. new body styles are not supported at all.. can't do anything for them... only the "Legacy" 5.3 models are supported, i.e. the "old" 2018 body style...

Also, if that truck has the e-Assist or Auto Stop/Start crap on it, it is not supported and won't be either...

We could have let you know that up-front if you had asked, or if you searched on the main site by vehicle, and you would've seen that it is not supported...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
frankPleto

Post by frankPleto »

Well I would of asked if I didn’t order this over the phone & the guys saying it works for my truck.
And it’s not supported / can’t do nothing for it?? So you are saying the all the future Silverados are screwed & that there is no answer? I find that hard to believe that they’re not working around the clock to come up with a solution for this, as they need to keep making money & aren’t about to cut off a entire product line.

Also after finding out this unfortunate info, I called Diablo customer service & the guy told me that I can buy a AFM disabler, so I bought it. When I got the e-mail with part number it’s through a company called Range & it doesn’t work for the 2019 either!! Like wtf!!! Why would you sell me something if it isn’t made for my make/ model ...

&&& even further I find out that the 2019 don’t even have the AFM it’s now DFM.. a whole new tech, Now I have more shit to return
mikel

Post by mikel »

The disabler would work for you if you had AFM, the update to disable DFM is coming soon.
The disabler will kill Auto Start/Stop in your vehicle if you plug it in.

As far as tuning these, its not going to be easy but we are still trying.
SOrry for the confusion, sometimes we have to rely on =what the user tells us and it seems someone was convinced you had the classic body when they sold you the tuner.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com