AWD Dyno?

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Mike_Levy

AWD Dyno?

Post by Mike_Levy »

Just curious who you guys are using for dynoing AWD vehicles? Pretty sure both dynos I saw on site are just 2WD. New car is in customs now, so it should be here in a week or two. Gonna do a quick 1,000 mile break in and then it needs a baseline dyno test. They may advertise 523hp, 553lb/ft, but I’d be shocked if it doesn’t make those at the wheels, given BMWs history of underrating.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
mikel

Re: AWD Dyno?

Post by mikel »

theres an AWD dyno here...but its just never been fully functional. And, now, we are pulling it out and replacing it with a brand new Superflow AWD setup to go with our new emissions testing set up. Fun stuff. And expensive!!!

They have 2 or 3 AWD dynos in Opelika, where the BMW cal work is done for the most part.

Only AWD vehicle we really support is the GCSRT8/Trackhawk, and its easy enough to run them in 2WD.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Did you ever get the new dyno? I still need one to rent. We have a potential class action lawsuit against BMW pending for neutering these cars, and I need to find out if it actually is neutered.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yes, its up and running, but is in full time use for emissions Memo 1A testing. We have a backlog of stuff to test to keep it occupied for years to come unfortunately.
It doesn't sit without a vehicle on it for more than 24 hours, ever. My car came off Monday morning then a Redeye got strapped down right after. Its on through the weekend then a Ram on Monday, and on, and on...
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
PaulMc

Post by PaulMc »

If you're in the Orlando area, Titan Motorsports has an AWD dyno. (just south of the airport)

Circuit Motorsports in Casselberry also has an AWD dyno. (Mustang, if I remember correctly.)
mikel

Post by mikel »

PaulMc wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:46 am If you're in the Orlando area, Titan Motorsports has an AWD dyno. (just south of the airport)

Circuit Motorsports in Casselberry also has an AWD dyno. (Mustang, if I remember correctly.)
Pretty sure Real Street has one as well.

Not familiar with Circuit Motorsports, might have to check them out.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com