New to DiabloSport Family with some concerns

This section of the forum is for discussion relating to the use of the T2 EX tuner/monitor on GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Spain_GXP

New to DiabloSport Family with some concerns

Post by Spain_GXP »

Hello everyone!

I am glad to finally be part of this family. This is my very first post, and my very first tuner, and my very first of many firsts. First and foremost if I am posting to incorrect subsection, please direct me to the correct posting forum. I have tried to look for these answers on my own, but this forum is information overload. I need some help with my Trinity2 EX Plat. I purchased this for my 08 Pontiac GP GXP. Here is a very limited back story to my situation. Sorry for the lengthyness, but I have shortened and condensed it leaving all the important things in so you can understand the situation.

My LS4 has been misfiring often lately, so as I investigated online, I have come to the conclusion that it is all related to the AFM due to the types of codes it has been throwing. I have decided to do a complete rebuild, AFM delete kit with stage 1 cam, tooley valve springs, LS6 intake ((once I am totally comfortable with what needs done to make that happen)) a bigger tb than 72mm, cai, obx headers, magna catbacks, and .040 over pistons, new lower crank/cam/bearings, port and polish factory heads, the whole nine yards. I have decided to mechanically remove the AFM, and put some more power in her at the same time. It's not every day that you have to take this motor out of the cradle, so I want to take advantage of the opportunity.

Thought process was with what I plan to put into her, she's gonna need to have Lew tune her up once shes back together. Meanwhile I could keep her stock and run a canned tune.

So back to the codes. I first really realized something was wrong when i decided to throw a K&N cai on her a few weels back. She immedietley ran rough, bad idle, like she was in perma AFM status. I removed the cai and replaced the box...and she went back to her old self. So i knew it had to be the MAF going nuts and pre-activating the AFM. Hence, needed a tuner. P0106, P3400, the MAP sensor code were firing consistently. After replacing all the sensors to no avail, I knew it was serious.

I got the Trinity yesterday, and only downloaded updates. I didnt have the time to do anything else. Today I went to upload more updates, and the tuner refused to update due to an error in the tuner. DiabloSport helped me reset the tuner, and it was back to go time. Firmware issue they said.

Well I re-updated the updates and went to work. When i made it back to my house, she sputtered and just died. I went to turn the motor back over, and she wouldn't start, and threw 3 codes, MAF, Crank P/S, multiple Misfires. The tuner couldn't have made it here in better timing as my car was essentially a dead stick. My intention was to data log her stock, for my own benefit as well as hers. Well she wouldn't fire, and then she did, and was super rough idling, you could hear the misfiring cylinders when you rev'd the engine. I loaded a custom tune, and the only thing I did was the AFM delete. No other upgrade was programmed. The tuner said it was saving the stock tune, which I read is standard, and then it rewrote the new tune, or the AFM delete code. She fired right up, and didn't throw a single code in the next 3 hours as I drove around town. So, Confirmed... I have AFM issues.

The set the tuner up to monitor mode so I could data log, and the tuner would not stay on. Then I tried to just watch the telemetry, and it still wouldn't stay on. It appeared like the screen was timing out. I bumped the timeout to 30mins, but same thing. It just wouldn't stay on. I brought the tuner in to use Data Viewer and the software reports no saved tunes, no saved factory tunes, no vehicles to speak of ever programmed. I have uploaded a video of the tuners behavior. I am not so much worried about losing the factory specs since I have every intention of mechanically deleting the AFM, but moving forward I am a bit hesitant to use the tuner. Has anyone heard of this happening or have any insight for me? Reminder that I am totally pleb to the tuning world. so green... well cant get much more rookie then me. My plans were to data log, burn out the 89 octane, run a few tanks of 91 and purge the system. Then I wanted to run a canned tune until the rebuild. I can't data log as is, and it doesnt remember even tuning my vehicle.

I tried to check for more updates, just in case i missed a critical update somewhere, and the tuner repeatedly downloads an update called Diablo Master R180 (1 files) and if I check for updates again, it will download it again and again. You can also see from the screen shot that there is no preloaded vehicle in the tuner, even tho it said it saved my current tune in order to put it back to the way it was. I have a video of it turning on and off, but I cant figure out what extensions these forums accept, but the picture is uploaded that says that there is no vehicle tied to the T2 and no tunes are saved,

Any thoughts on this as I am sure you are seasoned pro's, and im Super newb,

Thank you for reading my post, and any and all help is greatly appreciated.

-Spain
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Spain_GXP on Fri May 10, 2019 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spain_GXP

Re: New to DiabloSport Family with some concerns

Post by Spain_GXP »

Here is a link to the short video. You can see that I throttle the engine and the Monitor is unresponsive then dies. I couldnt even get into the data log section.

https://youtu.be/_zJsk4qc-pE
mikel

Post by mikel »

OK, long read....

Issue is that it wont stay on and monitor while driving?
Any errors or just goes blank?

Please post the info.xml file from the T2 drive.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Spain_GXP

Post by Spain_GXP »

Yes yes TLDR to the max i just had to get it all out haha. That and it didnt save stock tune, and the tuner didn't marry to my VIN, and it wants to DL the same update over and over. That about sums it up.

-Spain
mikel

Post by mikel »

You say it saved the stock tune and let you install a tune, so at that point, it was indeed married to your VIN.

The issue with downloading the same updates is a bug on our end that should be fixed very soon, no need to keep updating it :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Spain_GXP

Post by Spain_GXP »

Ok thats great news. What about then tuner constantly turning off while I'm trying to monitor or data log? That would be my next hurdle to overcome. Thank you!

-Spain
mikel

Post by mikel »

that shouldnt happen, please post the current info.xml file from the T2 drive so we can take a look.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Spain_GXP

Post by Spain_GXP »

Ok ty I will asap. Uhm, I find this where tho? Sorry day 3 with the tuner so still learning.

-Spain
Spain_GXP

Post by Spain_GXP »

info.xml
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spain_GXP

Post by Spain_GXP »

@Mikel,

Any luck with this xml file? I'd really like to start data logging soon, but I need the tuner to stay awake plz.

-Spain
mikel

Post by mikel »

go through the logging menu and choose the option for restore default pids then try again please.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Spain_GXP

Post by Spain_GXP »

Do you want me to repost the xml file or just go try to data log it again? I just reset it.

-Spain
Spain_GXP

Post by Spain_GXP »

@Mikel,

Thats a negative ghost rider... Didnt even get a chance to back it out of the garage and it had already shut down on me again. The gauges are still unresponsive and then crash.

-Spain
Spain_GXP

Post by Spain_GXP »

Just in case you want to see the xml file again.

-Spain