Boots up, then black screen.

This section of the forum is for discussion relating to the use of the T2 EX tuner/monitor on GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

CamdenStinson

Boots up, then black screen.

Post by CamdenStinson »

I have a trinity 2 for my 2010 Sierra 5.3, the tuner has worked flawlessly for the entire time I’ve had it until today. I got in my truck to start it, and the unit didn’t go straight to the gauges like usual, It displayed the Diablo logo as if it were hard reset..... so anyway. It showed the Diablo logo for about 3 seconds, goes to a black-lit screen, then displays a white checkerdosh screen for a few seconds, goes black again, it then shows the white screen again and then goes black and stays black. And when it goes to the black screen it’s almost like a backlight screen, I can still see it’s powered but it’s a black screen, I have no idea what to do as to the fact my stock tune is saved on it and I need to switch back. I tried plugging it into a laptop for updates and the laptop doesent even recognizing there’s a device plugged in yet the device gets power from the laptop.

Plz help, thanks in advance.
pittchallenger

Re: Boots up, then black screen.

Post by pittchallenger »

Mine does the same thing and at times times might take a minute or two to boot up. Give it two minutes then tap gently on the screen. See if it helps.
mikel

Re: Boots up, then black screen.

Post by mikel »

CamdenStinson wrote:I have a trinity 2 for my 2010 Sierra 5.3, the tuner has worked flawlessly for the entire time I’ve had it until today. I got in my truck to start it, and the unit didn’t go straight to the gauges like usual, It displayed the Diablo logo as if it were hard reset..... so anyway. It showed the Diablo logo for about 3 seconds, goes to a black-lit screen, then displays a white checkerdosh screen for a few seconds, goes black again, it then shows the white screen again and then goes black and stays black. And when it goes to the black screen it’s almost like a backlight screen, I can still see it’s powered but it’s a black screen, I have no idea what to do as to the fact my stock tune is saved on it and I need to switch back. I tried plugging it into a laptop for updates and the laptop doesent even recognizing there’s a device plugged in yet the device gets power from the laptop.

Plz help, thanks in advance.
if the t2 drive wont appear at all, please give us a call and we'll arrange to have you send it in for a fix.
561-908-0040

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com