Selling T2 Ex Platinum

This section of the forum is for discussion relating to the use of the T2 EX tuner/monitor on GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

JustBlan1984

Selling T2 Ex Platinum

Post by JustBlan1984 »

So I’m selling T2 Tuner it’s the Ex Platinum. I’m selling it to a friend at work that has a 2017 Chevy 1500. I restore my vehicle to stock and hooked it up to his truck it gave me the standard need to be updated message so I plugged it into my laptop and it’s telling me I need to purchase another license? I spent $650 on this thing and I’m selling it for $400 so I don’t understand why I need to purchase another license after I have unmarried it from my vehicle and flashed it back to stock. Can someone shed some light on this situation thanks in advance!
06MonteSS

Re: Selling T2 Ex Platinum

Post by 06MonteSS »

yep... need to buy another ECM unlock license for a new/different 2017+ vehicle man...

2017/2018/2019 vehicles require a special unlock sequence... so what will happen is, when you go to install a tune the first time, the tool will give you a message that "one or more controllers can not be tuned - Contacting powertech for vehicle unlock... you will be notified within 1-2 days" - or something similar to that effect.. so then in 1-2 days (usually within an hour though) you should receive an email (if you registered your tool on diablo's site) that your update is ready.. or just run the updater again to update your tool in an hour or so - so then you'd run the Ignition Updater on the tool again, and it will update the tool with the unlock code for your ECM, and then you'd be able to tune the vehicle.

So, you need to buy another ECM unlock for the new/different 2017+ vehicle you're trying to use it on man... nothing new here, normal operation... he's gotta pay up to be able to use it...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net